Ultrasound scanning and X-rays are major contribution from biomedical engineering which is an integral part of advanced pure science streams & one among the most convenient diagnostic modalities helping treatment and should be made easily accessible to any healthcare stream for effective healthcare delivery in public and private domain.
According to PCPNDT ACT – Sonologist or Imaging Specialist means a person who possesses
- Any one of the medical qualifications recognized under the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956; or
- A post-graduate qualification in ultrasonography or imaging techniques or radiology.
Homeobook presents the details of some short term courses in Ultrasonography and radiology of which the basic qualification is either BHMS,BAMS or MBBS
1. Advance diploma in x-ray radiography and ultra sonography techniques (rx)
The Shailesh Institute of Medical Science & Research – Mumbai has been established in 2007 with recognition by Government of Maharashtra for Post Graduate Diploma Course of Post Graduate Diploma in X – Ray Radiography and Ultra – Sonography Techniques.
The institute is managed by Shivappa Pol Foundation trust registered with Charity Commissioner Government of Maharashtra Mumbai in 2007. The institute is un aided & affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education Mumbai.
The eligibility for admission is M D, M S, M B B S, B A M S, B H M S, B U M S, B D S.
The course is a Maharashtra Government recognized and is affiliated to MSBTE Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education which is an autonomous body
The course is a full time course of 1 ½ years duration with 3 semesters and 3 examinations. The examinations at the end of 1st and 2nd semester have both theory and practical and examination at the end of 3rd semester has practical including project report and seminar
Admission usually starts in July / Aug every year with facility of online enrollment with confirmation of the institute
Shailesh Institute of Medical Science and Research
101, Kamraj Balaji Nagar Co-op. Hsg. Society,
1st Floor, 90 Feet Road, Opp. Police Station, Dharavi, Mumbai 400017
Contact Person: Mr. Shailesh
Office: +91-22 -2401 7191, 2407 2120
Web : http://www.shaileshinstitute.com/
2. DMS (Diagnostic Medical Sonography) by Medall Chennai .
Course Title: DMS (Diagnostic Medical Sonography)
Duration: 6 months – 1 year
Eligibility: Alternate medicine Graduates/ MBBS/BHMS/BAMS.
The Course covers the following:
- Abdominal Sonography
- Obstetric and Gynecologic sonography
- Vascular Sonography
- Small parts/Msk
The Program includes Anatomy & Physiology, medical ethics, instrumentation, basic USG physics, Patient care and Hands on.
- During Training stipend will be provided.
- Training includes lectures by eminent radiologist, assignments and hands on.
- Trainees can access the online course modules.
Further Details: http://www.medall.in/about-medall/medall-medical-academy/
3.Advance Diploma in x-ray radiolography & ultrasonography techniques by Maharashtra institute of Medical Science and Technology
Aims & objectives:
- To provide better alternative choice for graduates of science, medical & para medical, who are not keen to study master’s degree but wish to enter & specialize in one of the most sought after field as radiology & imaging.
- To prepare highly skilled technologist by imparting in detail theoretical knowledge of ever expanding & highly potential subject of radiology which deals with ultra sonography (U.S.G.), computed tomography (C.T), magnetic resonance imaging (M.R.I.) & digital radiography beside conventional x-ray diagnosis.
- To train candidates to handle conventional as well as highly advanced instruments & equipments.
- To impart professional knowledge, communication skills, medical ethics, self confidence to serve community at large & health care sector in particular.
Course duration & nature
This is full time three semester (1.5 yrs) course, which includes 2 semesters [Theory & practicals] in the institute & followed by hospital training in the final semester.
The final semester comprises of hospital training in the radiology & imaging department or in diagnostic centre for a period of six months & submission of project at the end of the training period.
Eligibility for admission
Medical graduates like M.B.B.S, B.A.M.S, B.H.M.S; B.U.M.S & B.D.S
Admission procedure & policy
- Student should apply for the application form available with prospectus on payment of prescribed fees.
- Completed application form along with attested copies & documents should be submitted to the institute along with the prescribed registration fees.
- Admission to course will be strictly on the merit basis as per government rules.
- Reserved category seats will be filled as per government directives issued from time to time.
More at : http://www.maharashtrainstitute.com/images/PGDMRT.pdf or https://msbte.com/msbte_html/admins/files/dw_cu/Only%20Scheme.pdf
4.A two year post graduate diploma in radio diagnosis and imaging by BHU Varanasi
TWO YEARS P.G. DIPLOMA COURSE IN VIKIRAN AVUM CHHAYA (FULL TIME)
Darshan Pariksha may do with many tools like Nadi Yantra etc. The Vikiran Avum Chhaya (Radiology and Imaging), the most efficient and non-invasive diagnostic tool, is also a tool for Darshan Pariksha.
The basic aim of Radiology was already in existence in Ayurveda. Now a days there is lack of teaching and training of Radio-diagnosis in medical graduates and Post Graduates. So it is necessary to propagate the knowledge of Radio-diagnosis amongst medical graduates to understand the Ayurvedic context, to enhance the knowledge of Student for the help of suffering peoples, to evaluate the effectiveness of indigenous drugs for global acceptance of Ayurveda. PG Diploma course in Vikiran Avum Chhaya Vigyan will fulfil these objects.
As CCIM has recognized postgraduate course in Vikiran Avum Chhaya Vigyan but this course has not been yet started in our university and thus the PG course in Vikiran Avum Chhaya Vigyan will not be able to fulfill the demand of entire country. Therefore to start the diploma courses in this subject is an emergent need of the nation.
Details of the course
- Name of the course : 2 years P.G. Diploma in Vikiran Avum Chhaya Vigyan
- Duration : 2 years
- Qualification : M.B.B.S/B.A.M.S./B.U.M.S/ M.D.(Ay.)/ M.S.(Ay.)
- Age : Maximum 35 years
- Percentage of marks : Minimum 50% in Graduate course
- Number of seats : Three (3)
- Tuition fees : Rs. 50000.00 per year, excluding admission and examination fees as per university rules.
- Examination : Two annual examinations.
Source : http://www.bhu.ac.in/syllabus/PDDiplomaVikiran.pdf
Do you have information on any other institute admitting BHMS BAMS doctors for these kind of courses….please mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are requested to contact the concerned institute for details about recognition,placement,registration of clinic and installation of instruments – before joining.