In memory of Dr. Mahendra Singh an Award Ceremony and Scientific Seminar ‘Shardhhanjali-2014’ was held on 2nd Association Auditorium, Kolkata. The programme was organised by Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Trust.
The programme started with garlanding the portrait of Master Hahnemann and Dr. Mahendra Singh by the Guest of Honour, Dr. Ramjee Singh, President, Central Council of Homoeopathy, Dr. M.K. Sahani, Chairman, Education Committee, CCH; Prof. Dr. Amit Banerjee, Vc Chancellor, The West Bengal University of Health Sciences and Smt. Brijnaina Singh.
Then the audio-visual Shraddhanjali was given to Dr. Mahendra Singh by showing a mesmerising film on him which was prepared by Dr. Ranjan Belsare, PGT, NIH. Welcome Address was given by Smt. Alka Singh Sharma, Trustee, Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Trust.
It was followed by Inaugural Speech given by Dr. M. K. Sahani and he told about his memories and how he was guided by Dr. Mahendra Singh.
This was followed by release of two books written by Dr. Mahendra Singh, “Adulteration in Homoeopathic Literatures” and “Writings of Dr. Mahendra Singh”. The books were released by Dr. Ramjee Singh, Dr. M. K. Sahani, Prof. Dr. Amit Banerjee. Dr. K. K. Kar’s book on Homoeopathy was also released on the occasion.
Launching of Peer Reviewed Quarterly Homoeopathic Journal ‘National Homoeo Recorder’ was done by Dr. Ramjee Singh and Prof. Dr. Amit Banerjee. The historical moment was shared by Dr. Subhas Singh, Chief Editor and members of Editorial Board, Prof. Dr. S. Praveen, Prof. Dr. Dilip Panakkada and Dr. March 2014 at Indian Science Congress
After this Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Award and Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Gold Medal and Certificate of Appreciation was conferred.
List of Awards & Awardees
- 1. Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Life Time Achievement Award: DR. M.M. DUTTA (Ex-HOD, Dept of Repertory, The Calcutta Hom. Medical College & a Classical Hahnemannian Homoeopath)
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Award for Most Dedicated Homoeopath: DR. V.C. ACHARYA (President, HMAI; an ex- teacher of Kanpur Govt. Hom. Medical College; a physician centred at Kanpur, U.P. and person known for his all round dedication in Homoeopathy)
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Best Teacher Award: DR. K.K. KAR (Member, CCH; Ex-Prof: Dr. A.C. Hom. Med. College, Bhubaneswar
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Best Principal Award: DR. ARUN BHASME (Vice-President: CCH; Principal: S.K. Hom. Med. College, Beed, Maharashtra)
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Best Administrator Award: DR. P.K. SUDHIR (Controller of Examiner: Kerala University of Health Sciences)
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Best Organiser Award: DR. N.V. SUGATHAN (Prof.: Sarada Krishna Homoeopathic Medical College, Kanya Kumari, Tamilnadu)
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Best Practitioner Award: DR. B.T. RUDRESH (Famous Homoeopathic Physician of Bangalore, Karnataka)
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Award for Best Literary Contribution: DR. M.P. ARYA (Ex-Principal: D.S. Hom. Med. College, Pune; author of many path breaking articles and books, esp. his recent book on Organon of Medicine)
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Best Scientist Award: DR. GIRISH GUPTA, Lucknow, U.P.
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Award for Best Contribution to Homoeopathic Pharmaceutics: DR. G.P. SARKAR (a self-made man, known for his Allen Group of Companies,
- Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Award for Achiever of the Year: DR. S.M. DESARDA (Principal, D.K.M.M. Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Aurangabad, Maharashtra)
Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Gold Medal was given to the students from different colleges (six colleges where Dr. Singh was attached during his professional life) who were toppers in Organon of Medicine in Final B.H.M.S Examinations in 2013. Certificate of Appreciation and Awards were given to the students who were selected in MD (Homoeopathy) through the Preparatory Camp organised by Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial trust. The Awards, Certificates and Medals were handed over by Dr. Ramjee Singh, Prof. Dr. Amit Bannerjee, Dr.M.K. Sahani and Smt. Brijnaina Singh, w/o Dr. Mahendra Singh.
Dr. Ramjee Singh paid his tributes to Dr. Singh by revisiting some of the moments passed in company of Dr. Mahendra Singh. In a heart touching speech he told the contributions of Dr. Mahendra Singh and that how he is missing especially when his guidance is most needed because of the difficult time through which Homoeopathy is passing. He further assured that he can never betray the teachings and guidance of Dr. Mahendra Singh and that whatever may happen he will never allow Homoeopaths to practice allopathy. Prof. Dr. Amit Banerjee stressed the importance of Homoeopathy in today’s times. He appreciated the role Dr. Mahendra Singh Memorial Trust is playing in continuing the works of Dr. Singh in deeds and spirit. The Vote of Thanks was delivered by Dr. Archana Thakur.
Dr. K.K. Kar, Bhubaneswar, narrated his understanding of Homoeopathy and encouraged the audience especially the younger generation in his lecture “My Experiences in Homoeopathy”. It was followed by a paper by Dr. B.T. Rudresh, Bangaluru, on “Treating Infertility with Homoeopathy”. Prof. Dr. S. Praveen, Hyderabad enlightened the audience by his lecture “Treating Incurable Cases”.
In the Post-Lunch Session, cases were presented by Dr Amit Sahani, Patna followed by presentation on “Scope for Newcomer in Homeopathy” by Dr. Sanjeev Singh, Patna. Then there was a very interesting video case presentation and discussion on “Observation” by Prof.
Dr. Anwar Amir Ansari, Mumbai followed by case presentation by Dr Satish Gala, Mumbai. Both Dr. Ansari and Dr. Gala’s lecture was much appreciated by the delegates. Afterwards Dr. Subhas Singh gave a short presentation on current situation in Homoeopathy named “Homoeopathy in Crossroads”.
After the Tea-Break, in the Valedictory Session, President C.C.H, Dr. Ramjee Singh narrated how the hard work of Dr. Mahendra Singh for changing B.H.M.S and PG syllabus and making it more clinically oriented has borne fruit and the B.H.M.S and PG syllabus has been changed. He expressed his regret that Dr. Mahendra Singh himself could not be here to rejoice.
The Colourful Souvenir was released in the valedictory session by the dignitaries present. Then valedictory mementoes were presented. The next ‘Shradhhanjali-2015’ was announced to March 2015. The programme concluded by rendering the National Anthem.
The programme was attended by about 500 delegates including a group of students of DKMM Hom. Med. College and delegates from all over India including those from abroad.
Reported by: Dr. Shefalika Singh, PGT, National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata