Position Code : PHFI/2014/107-AEFI
Place of Posting : PHFI, Delhi
Organization Name: Public Health Foundation of India
Public Health Foundation of India, is a public private initiative that has collaboratively evolved through consultations with multiple constituencies including Indian and international academia, state and central governments, multi & bi-lateral agencies and civil society groups.
The AEFI surveillance program is one of the first public health programmes attempting to create standards and criteria for an effective quality management system. The Quality consultant will play a key role in the development of the Quality Management System for AEFI Surveillance Programme in India.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Function as a linking resource between AEFI program, states and Quality Assurance division of NHSRC to support development of the AEFI program QMS
- Drafting, report writing and facilitating meetings and field visits for developing the QMS AEFI program
- Development & review of process maps, AEFI role and function check-lists for quality assessment of various administrative levels in the AEFI surveillance program
- Collaboration with states and districts for field review (as-is mapping)and provide technical assistance to states & districts in Operationalization of States and Districts Quality Assurance Units, including conduct of the trainings on quality
- Development of training modules and training material, for the administrative levels in the QMS
- Facilitate empanelment of External Assessors by the States and NHSRC
- Facilitate conduct of the Internal and External Auditors
- Any other function, as allotted by Advisor – Quality Improvement
Qualifications / Experience required
- Medical / Dental/ Ayush degree from a recognised institute
Advance Qualification in Hospital/ Health Management from a recognised institute
- Recognised Qualification in a Quality System is desirable
- At least two years’ experience of working on Quality Assurance Projects, which has resulted into certification / accreditation of health programme/ hospitals to a recognised quality system such as ISO 9001/ NABH/ JCI/ NABL.
- Exposure to the immunization programme is a must. Should have relevant computer skills related to the job profile.
- Proficiency in presentations and MS Office package
- Candidate with experience of working in the field of Public Health preferably immunization and working with National Program desirable.
- Effective Communication skills
- Good Interpersonal skills:
- Ability to work in cross cultural teams
- Ability to plan, conceptualize and organize
- Ability to make logical decisions and ensure transparency
Interested and eligible candidates may send in their CV to by highlighting the Position Code (PHFI/2014/107-AIFE) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Last Date for receipt of applications: 22 May 2014
Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI)
4 Institutional Area
New Delhi – 110070. India
Phone: +91 11 49566000
Fax: +91 11 49566063