National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system.
NHSRC intends recruiting Advisor (HMIS) purely on contractual basis.
Location: New Delhi with requirement of extensive travel to states & districts. Travel could be upto 50% of time in a month.
Terms of Reference
- Building up systems for providing ready access to relevant data – Help Central and State governments for developing information systems relevant to the requirements of various users e.g. HMIS, Hospital Information System, Tracking Systems, HR Information System, GIS, Mobile etc.
- Undertake requirement analysis & feasibility studies as required to develop information systems.
- Build and maintain data from states required for planning process and monitoring of NHM implementation activities.
- Analyze data from various sources as required for the NHM activities- help develop tools to analyze various other data-bases such as HR, Finance, infrastructure etc.
- Assist in development of program monitoring protocols for various programs. Develop monitoring tools for district planning.
- Support processes of training and capacity building at the national and state levels on data analysis and on development & maintenance of HMIS systems.
- Help develop standards of inter-operability for the integration of various vertical information systems in health care.
- Contribute to the HMIS development & strengthening through assessment & evaluation studies.
- Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Director, NHSRC and/or the Executive Committee, NHSRC.
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-graduate qualification in Public Health Management or Health Informatics or degree in medical, nursing or paramedical courses.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification work experience in field of Health Data Management and Analysis. Having familiarity with RCH or Public Health Programmes.
- Specific Experience in designing large scale information systems & knowledge on policy requirements for the same would be desirable.
- Experience in use of information & data analysis with respect to public health & health systems is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work with central and state level officials.
- Formal education qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published work experience of high quality and relevance.
Age Limit: 60 years & below. Age can be relaxed for a suitable candidate.
It is mandatory to mention Age, Year of Passing the Degrees, Current and Past Employment dates on your resume, without which applications will not be accepted.
Applications must reach by 4 p.m on 19th June 2014 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post / by hand to HR Manager, NHSRC, NIHFW Campus, Baba Gang Nath Marg, Munirka, New Delhi -110 067.
Please ensure to mention post applied for, on the envelope (in post) and subject-line (in e-mail), without which applications will not be accepted.