On February 16
Beacon Foundation is a charitable trust working in the field of Homoeopathy since last 20 years. The activities of Foundation include offering Homoeopathic medical services through charitable clinics, seminars. Since last 18 years, the Foundation has been organizing Inter-Homoeopathic Collegiate Open Debate Competition for the students & interns on topics related to the current, burning issues in the field of Homoeopathy. Foundation also publishes Marathi Diwali magazine-Paryay, since 2006.
- First Prize: Rs. 2501/-
- Second Prize: Rs.1751/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 1251/.
Beacon Foundation has been organizing Case Presentation Contest, since 2005. The Contest is for the Practitioners of Homoeopathy with the objectives-
- To provide a common platform for all the Homoeopaths to come together & share their experiences.
- To bring about a Healthy Competitive spirit among Homoeopaths,
- To sharpen the skills of Reasoning &
- To enhance Receptivity & Sensitivity to others’ Experiences.
The VII Case Presentation Contest will be held on –
Sunday, 16th February 2014, from 9.30 A.M. at-
Smt. Chandaben M Patel HMC, Vile Parle (W) Mumbai.
Rules & Regulations For The Case Presentation Contest:
- No Entry Fee but maximum 2 acute cases per Doctor can be presented.
- Language of communication: strictly English. The Presentation should be in English, however, few words mentioned by patient that denote characteristic expression could be used in Hindi or other regional languages.
- Only qualified doctors with University approved diploma or degree can participate in the Contest. PG students can also participate in the Contest.
- Please send a photocopy of Degree/ Diploma Certificate & also of
- Registration to state or Central Council.
- Undergraduate students cannot participate.
- Lay Homoeopaths also cannot participate.
- Presentation of only acute cases: either-
A) Acute disease e.g. Typhoid, Gastroenteritis, Pneumonia etc. OR
B) Acute exacerbation of chronic disease e.g. Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteo-arthritis OR
C) Acute episode of chronic periodic disease. E.g. Asthma, Epilepsy, migraine.
- Acute Case Presentation must be as per the Standard Format. ( which will be provided by Beacon Foundation after registration)
- The case must have a clinical diagnosis.
- The expected investigations done before & after the treatment will carry additional importance.
- The original copy of the case record & investigation reports may have to be provided, if asked by the Judges, after the presentation.
- Time- 10 minutes with a warning bell after 8 minutes.
- Facilities provided- Computer, LCD projector, screen, laser pointer, Collar mike, podium.
- To avoid time lapse and commotion during the Contest, it is advisable to submit your CD/pen drive of case material to the technical coordinator before the Contest.
- The Judges will not ask any questions during the Contest.
- There will be 2 Judges from the faculty of Homoeopathy and one Judge from the faculty of modern medicine.
- The Judges will evaluate following points in the presentation of the Participant-
Application of Principles of Homoeopathy in reasoning out-
- Remedy Differentiation.
- Remedy Reaction.
- References chosen/taken to substantiate your case.
- Overall Conviction.
The Participants can score out of maximum 100 marks.
- Beacon Foundation will not make any arrangements for lodging & boarding for the participants.
- Honesty matters.
- Decision of Judges will be final & binding for all.
- The sequence, in which the participants will present their cases, is decided by a draw of lots. Therefore it is mandatory to abide by it.
For Registration & Standard Format of Case Presentation Contest, Contact:
Mumbai- 09223446875 Panvel- 09819098687 Nasik 09422247150 Pune – 09890669679
Send your entries at following address:
Beacon Foundation, 60/1, Trimurti, Bharati Niwas Society, Erandawane Pune. 411004.
Ask for case format and more details at : email@example.com