A secular, Mumbai-based non-profit organization, SNEHA believes that investing in women’s health is essential to building viable urban communities. SNEHA targets four large public health areas: Maternal and Newborn Health, Child Health and Nutrition, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Prevention of Violence against Women and Children.
This project seeks to provide palliative care to all people, irrespective of caste, creed, religion and economic status, to allow them to live their life with minimum pain, with dignity and comfort, to the very end. It seeks to provide prevention of and relief from suffering to patients with life-limiting illness or experiencing intense pain through provision of medical support, counseling and spiritual services and is a pilot initiative for SNEHA.
1. The palliative care team will evaluate the case, manage the treatment to alleviate pain, and will attempt to keep the patient as comfortable as possible through medication and advice.
2. Will also provide relief from the associated symptoms and alleviate their patients’ physical and emotional pain to improve their quality of life.
3. They also work with their patients’ families to alleviate stress.
4. Attending on the inpatient palliative care consultation service. Devote their time to intensive family meetings. Participating in the clinical, educational, and research activities of the Service. Examine
and evaluate patients. Prescribe medication and treatments. Improve access to information for patients and families so that they understand the patient’s condition and treatment options.
5. Meet with patients or caregivers in homes and medical settings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Educational qualification: M.B.B.S/ B.H.M.S.
2. At least 3-5 years of prior experience in a hospital.
3. Prior experience of working with palliative care preferred.
1. Patience and empathy
2. Effective Communication, personal and interpersonal skills
3. Team working skills.
4. Sound values and work ethics
REMUNERATION AND EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS
Remuneration be based on prior experience and suitability to the role.
JOB LOCATION: Bandra
To be sent via email to email@example.com with Subject line: SNEHA_Doctor_Palliative Care