National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system.
NHSRC intends recruiting Consultant – Quality Improvement purely on contractual basis.
Location: New Delhi with requirement of extensive travel to states & districts. Travel could be upto 50% of time in a month.
Summary of the Position
After recent launch of ‘Operational Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Public Health Facilities’, there is a need for immediate roll-out of the programme in all states and union territories of the country. It entails taking various actions at various levels – Advocacy, customisation of the check-lists for meeting needs of states in adapting the Quality Standards & its measurement system, conduct of workshops & seminars, assisting the health facilities with gap- closure action, and facilitating the certification process at identified health facilities in states.
The envisaged task for the incumbent is intellectually challenging and stimulating, as none of two situations are same. S/he should be self-starter and motivated, have capacity to work un-supervised.
The incumbent would be expected to work with NHSRC Quality team and Quality Assurance units at State & District level. Thus, the incumbent is expected work at many levels, of which, few are given below –
- Function as a resource in QA trainings
- Drafting & Report writing
- Development & review of check-lists for quality assessment of various types of health facilities – The check-lists would be in alignment with the guidelines of National Health Programmes and National Health Mission
- Technical Assistance to states & districts in Operationalisation of States and Districts
- Quality Assurance Units, including conduct of the trainings
- Development of training modules and training material, for the participants
- Facilitate empanelment of External Assessors by the States and NHSRC
- Facilitate conduct of the Internal and External Auditors
- Any other function, as allotted by Advisor – Quality Improvement
For achieving above-mentioned deliverables the applicant is expected to possess following qualifications & experience –
- Medical / Dental/ Ayush degree from a recognised institute
- At least two years post qualification experience of working on Quality Assurance Projects, which had resulted into certification / accreditation of hospitals to a recognised quality system such as ISO 9001/ NABH/ JCI/ NABL
- Excellent Communication skills – Writing & Verbal
- Proficiency in MS Office package
- Age – 40 years & below.
- Advance Qualification in Hospital/ Health Management from a recognised institute
- Recognised Qualification in a Quality System
- Experience of working in a hospital’s administration department
- Ability/willingness to join the organisation within a month of selection.
Please note that above-mentioned eligibility criteria (Essential & Desirable) may be relaxed for deserving candidates.
It is mandatory to mention Age, Year of Passing the Degrees, Current and Past Employment dates on your resume, without which applications will not be accepted.
Applications must reach by 4 p.m on 19th June 2014 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post / by hand to HR Manager, NHSRC, NIHFW Campus, Baba Gang Nath Marg, Munirka, New Delhi -110 067. Please ensure to mention post applied for, on the envelope (in post) and subject-line (in e-mail), without which applications will not be accepted.