Some useful tips on Homoeopathy in day to day practice
- A single symptom causing suffering is completely recorded only when its history origin, progress and conditions attached circumstances of aggravation, of amelioration, time of occurrence and of greatest intensity ,how affected by position, rest, motion, eating, drinking, or the performance of anybody function, by mental emotions or by any other cause – all this is included in the totality.
- It is expecting too much of homoeopathy to cure symptoms expressing protest against a continuing and removable cause. Find the cause – mental, moral, physical or hygienic. Remove the cause or causes. Then if aught else remains, homoeopathy will take care of that.
- When the moon is decreasing, Phos, Sil, etc. may be used in patients having damaged organs safely and with good effect.
- In advanced disease, malignant or tubercular, the most terrible thing you can do is to give the indicated remedy in high potency. Give anything but that.
- In chronics, the latest symptoms, even though they may appear insignificant, are always the most important in the selection of a remedy. The oldest are the least important. All symptoms in between must be arranged in order of their appearance. Only such patients remain well and are really cured who have been rid of their symptoms in the reverse order of their development.
- In epilepsy you will never cure unless you find a remedy that covers and corresponds in the every respect to the acute attack. Then follow with the complementary or chronic remedy as curative. The chronic remedy given during the attack would aggravate too strongly.
- Usually disease leaves by an eruption or by discharge from mucus membrane.
- A remedy which can bring a symptom or symptoms to the surface usually will cure these symptoms without further medication. Therefore watch and wait.
- A remedy given well-indicated, then a diarrhea, rash or excessive sweat, medicinal aggravation or any old symptoms returned or even symptoms worsens and patient better, give a remedy now and disaster is cure.
- If after giving a remedy there is itching of the soles, it is a good indication.
- In organic disease where there is much pathology, use the lower potencies.
- High potencies are two-edged swords and must be handled with care.
- When patients appear to get up a tolerance for remedies, a complimentary remedy will sometimes keep the patient from going stale.
- Unable to get symptoms from children, size up the parents and see what they need or needed before the birth of the child.
- Forget the symptoms peculiar to the disease and those of the ultimate; prescribe on the symptoms of the patients.
- A nosode in line with the patient’s constitution or family history has sometimes given striking results, allowing the previous well indicated but inactive remedy to take hold.
- Never send an Iodum patient to a warm climate.
- Do not overwork, Keynotes they are signposts to shorten our research, not to suppress it.
- Colocynth cures colic again and again. Then Kali carb steps in to end the trouble.
- Elderly case, blustery weather, vomiting much frothy blood tinged mucus, high temperature, mucous rales, and dyspnoea all set for pneumonia – Veratrum Viride. He will be better next day.
- A jewel in surgical shock – Strontium carb.
- Thuja is antidote to massive doses of Arsenic.
- Nocturnal epilepsy or chorea, Calc. is valuable especially after Sulphur.
- Gelsimium is rarely found benefit in superficial affections of the eye, but is especially adapted to disease of the fundus and paralysis of the nerves.
- In croup without fever, think of Kali bic. Or Bromium, the latter if there is cyanosis.
- Think of Merc cor. In toxic conditions of pregnancy and Phosp. In albuminuria of pregnancy.
- If I could have but one remedy for the prostate it would be Causticum.
- A Kali carb. Characteristic: any bang, shock, badnews or fear is felt in the stomach.
- Ferrum phos. In earache and mastoiditis leads everything else.
- Pulsatilla above all other remedies has the power to unlock suppressions of modern serum therapy.
- When the well selected remedy acts only a short time and symptoms agree, consider Sulphur, Calc.sulph, Psorinum and Tuberculinum or other nosodes.
(Courtesy: Homoeopathic Recorder – December 1936, page.531-536)
Dr Mohd Furqan Aamer
M.D (Hmm), Ph.D. Scholar
Reader & Pg Guide Dkmmhmc Aurangabad