Attractive Salary and other benefits
The Department of AYUSH establishes AYUSH Chairs initially for 1-year duration. AYUSH Chairs are established in the foreign universities, in consultation with Indian Missions.
Tenure: Initially for a period of one year, extendable upto 2 years.
AYUSH will provide:
(i) (a)A consolidated remuneration about to Rs. 1.00 Lakh + FCA for serving candidate and (b) Rs. 1.00 Lakh – (minus) pension + FCA in case of retired candidate.
(ii) Economy class international airfare for the candidate and his/her spouse and charges for 1120 kgs unaccompanied baggage at the time of joining and completion of tenure;
(iii) Other benefits to the candidate such as Leave Salary, Pension/provident fund etc. as per rules of the parent institution.
HOST University will provide:
(i) Health Insurance to the candidate and his /her spouse;
(ii) Rent free furnished accommodation, with all basic facilities;
(iii) Furnished office on campus and secretarial assistance for efficient functioning of the Chair.
(iv)Transportation during official assignments.
1. The period of deputation will commence from the date he/she is relieved from the duties of present post at parent institute and will end on resumption of duties in parent post. In case of retired candidate deputation will commence from the date joining at the University for the one year.
2. The tenure of Chair will be extended after mutual agreement with Dept of AYUSH/ Institute/Council & the University in consultation with High Commission/ Ambassador of India after a review at the end of the first year.
3. In case the activities of appointee is found unsatisfactory, the Dept of AYUSH/Institute/Council & the University in consultation with High Commission/ Ambassador of India will reserve the right to terminate appointment of the officer to the Chair prior to normal expiry of the contract period.
4. The candidate will get the consolidated remuneration + FCA during the period of deputation (no deputation duty allowance will be admissible). The pension will be deducted for retired candidate. This consolidated remuneration will be reviewed at the end of the year.
5. The salary will be provided in host country’s currency.
6. Institute/ Council shall meet costs relating to salary and appropriate allowances provided by Dept of AYUSH.
7. The amount will be transferred to the Indian Mission/Embassy for disbursement of remuneration/salary to the Chair.
8. The candidate would deposit with the Indian Mission/ Embassy, for credit of the Institute/ Council, any honorarium/ transport allowance or any other payment howsoever described, received from any local organization/ institute during entire the period of deputation.
9. The candidate will be granted composite transfer grant equivalent to one month’s basic pay, outfit allowance of Rs. 7500.00 and CCG (crockery, cutlery, glassware) grant of Rs, 1700.00 by the Institute/ Council.
10. Medical examination fee from the Govt. hospital at New Delhi for candidate and the spouse for joining the deputation will be reimbursed by the Institute/ Council.
11. If candidate wants to keep their child/ children during the term of the Chair then he/she has to bear cost of Medical Insurance and accommodation of child/ children.
12. The spouse of the candidate shall not accept any employment in the University on payment basis without prior permission of the Department of AYUSH/ Institute/ Council.
13. Preparation/ Joining time permissible 7 days excluding transit/ travel time.
14. Candidate will be entitled to 30 days leave in a year (no carry over or credit or encashment for un-availed leave). Candidate will not apply any kind of leave to the parent institution.
15. The selected candidate will sign the acceptance of the offer of employment with the University.
16. Serving Officer deputed to the Chair will be allowed to keep lien on their substantive post.
17. During the period of deputation, the candidate will continue to be governed by the rules of the parent institute relating to Pension/ Provident Fund etc. The Mission will remit employer’s and employee’s subscription to the Pension/ Provident Fund by RBI drafts through deductions from the monthly salary bill to his parent institute under intimation to the Department of AYUSH/ Institute/ Council.
- To promote academic and collaborative research activities on AYUSH Systems abroad.
- To develop quality standards for AYUSH education for foreign educational institutes.
- To create awareness about strength of AYUSH systems in various disease conditions abroad.
- To undertake academic and research activities in Indian System of Medicine (AYUSH Systems) as per requirement of University/ School.
- To design academic standards and short/ medium term courses as per need of the University and AYUSH education guidelines in India.
- To seek continuing improvement in curriculum development, providing tutorials to accredited regular students, promoting research activities and innovations in AYUSH Systems of Medicine.
- To provide academic leadership to the University, primarily through demonstrating and fostering excellence in research, teaching and policy development related to AYUSH at a variety of levels– within the discipline.
- To explore feasibility of collaborative research and making strategy for dissemination of results of studies already completed.
- To act as credible source of AYUSH related information for host country.
- To liaise with High Commission of India, host University and Dept of AYUSH.
- To conduct of workshops/ seminars on AYUSH System.
- To initiate advocate the safe use of AYUSH systems in University and related area.
- To find out existing academic/ research programmes on AYUSH, their strength & gaps and provide inputs to the concerned institute in India.
- Post Graduate degree in concerned AYUSH System from a recognized University in India.
- 15 years standing in profession of which 2 years’ as Professor (pay band-4, grade pay not less than Rs. 8700/-) or in equivalent grade in Research/ Administration/ Clinical. OR
- 15 years standing in profession of which 5 years’ as Associate Professor/ Reader (pay band-4/3, grade pay of not less than Rs. 7600/-) or in equivalent grade in Research/ Administration/ Clinical.
- At least 10 Quality Research work published in reputed peer reviewed research journals.
- Candidate possessing PhD in concerned AYUSH System will be given preference.
- Experience in administration.
- Experience of involvement in policy matters for academic/research issues at national level.
- Working knowledge of English, Urdu/ Arabic/ Persian (in case of Unani), Sanskrit (in case of Ayurveda & Yoga), Tamil (in case of Siddha).
- Working knowledge of Computers.
- For clinical experience, it should be in Central/ State Government run hospitals/ dispensaries.
- Age: Not to exceed 65 years, as on the date, the tenure of the officer to the Chair ends.
Mode of application:
1. The applicant will be required to send his/her particulars in the prescribed format (annexed) and forward the same through the head of the Institute for consideration. The application should reach to: Director/ Director General, Institute/ Council before…………date.
2. The applicant shall be required to produce a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from his/her institute for being appointed to the Chair. In case of retired person he/she should take NOC from the institute where pension is being drawn.
Mode of Selection:
1. A screening committee consisting of Director/ Dy. Secretary-Department of AYUSH, DG/ Director of the concerned council/ institute, one senior expert from outside, and concerned under Secretary will shortlist the candidates by screening their applications/ CVs on the basis of specified eligibility criterion and recommend to the Selection Committee.
2. A Selection Committee comprising of the Joint Secretary of the Department of AYUSH, DG/Director of the concerned Council/ Institute, and a representative of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) shall make a panel of suitable candidates (not more than three) in order of preference, on the basis of personal interviews and take other requisite approvals thereon. The concurrence of the University thereon will thereafter be obtained through circulation.
For application form and more details : www.similima.com/pdf/ayush-chair.pdf
Source : http://indianmedicine.nic.in/writereaddata/linkimages/6777591364-Chairs%20Guidelines%20AYUSH.pdf