The University Grants Commission invites applications for 300 Post Doctoral Fellowships for Indian Scholars in United States for the year 2012 under Singh‐Obama 21st Century Knowledge Initiative 2012. The applicant should be a permanent teacher within 40 years of age as on Dec. 31, 2012, in an institution recognized under 2(f) and 12B of UGC Act and should possess a Ph.D. Degree in the respective field. Details of the scheme can be accessed from
The applications in the prescribed format may be submitted only through online mode latest by 11th July, 2012. (non‐extendable) by logging into website www.ugc.ac.in/pdfindous/
1. Application submitted only through online mode shall be entertained and no application submitted in hard copy shall be entertained or considered for the Award in any circumstances whatsoever.
2. Record of the non‐selected candidates shall not be preserved beyond 3 months from the date of declaration of results.
3. The decision of the Commission with regard to the selection of the candidates for the award shall be final.
- The applicant should be a permanent teacher in a university/institution recognized by UGC under 2(f) and 12B of UGC Act.
- The applicant should possess at least 60 per cent marks or equivalent in the post-graduate degree.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D. degree in respective academic discipline (Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Science, Engineering, Technology, Agricultural Sciences) or MD/MS/Ph.D. in Medical Sciences.
- The Applicant must provide proof of having carried out independent research work published in peer reviewed journals preferably indexed.
- The applicant should be of age up to 40 years as on 31 December 2012.
- The reservation will be available in accordance with the national norms.