Date posted: February 14, 2013
uae

Dubai: Health-care professionals, especially outside the UAE, can apply for a medical licence to work in the Emirates through the fully operational online Examination and Evaluation System (EES).

Candidates  can appear for the licence exams, conducted on a weekly basis, in their own country and receive results electronically, reducing cost and time. The fees are also paid electronically.

Previously, an applicant had to appear for an exam, and if unsuccessful, reappear after the stipulated two months wait.

“The new system allows an applicant to sit for an exam every week in his or her country the number of attempts or trials to schedule MoH exams is four,” said Dr Ameen Hussain Al Amiri, Assistant Undersecretary for Medical Practices and Licensing at the ministry, speaking to Gulf News.

He explained that in the past, applicants had to enter the country and incur expenses.

Now they can enter the country after they have been evaluated and are ready to seek jobs. The system is centralised and reduces the financial burden on applicants. It also saves them time.”

To facilitate the exams, the ministry has enlisted the help of Prometric Worldwide, a global testing network. “Prometric manages the exams for the ministry around the world,” said Dr Al Amiri.

Apart from licensing, health-care professionals including physicians, technicians, dentists, pharmacists and TCAM (traditional, complementary and alternative medicine) practitioners can also benefit from the system’s online features that allow one to upgrade qualification and experience.

For fee payment, the system mandates the use of the UAE e-dirham card, which was introduced in 2001 to replace traditional methods of fee collection for government services.

The UAE E-Dirham card is a ‘secure electronic purse’ that can be bought in person or online from the ministries of Finance and Interior and/or any member bank like the Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and Commercial Bank of Dubai.

Dr Al Amiri said that once an applicant has registered, he or she has to submit the required documents (passport copy, photograph, and certificates, among others), and pay the fee using the UAE e-dirham card.

He explained that the payment is done through the Blue and Red Al Haslah prepaid (customisable) e-dirham cards.

He added the system has been tested by the ministries of health and finance to ensure accuracy.[Source]

Comments

1. With references to the above I want to say that I have applied for the exam, in which u can send all the documents and pay the fee online but the TCAM practitioner has to give the exam in U.A.E only.
    I know this because I am scheduled to give exam in April and my center is at Sharjah.
    so if I can give online please guide me the process for that.
    thank u.

• Dr. Mamatha A G says:

Dear Dr drpushpendrasinh sarvaiya,
      Please tell me where as in which website you registered online. Because i’m unable to register in prometric .
      regards,
      dr. mamatha

2. Dr. Kumar says:

sir can u tell me the fees in indian rupee and how many times one can sit for exam. after paying the fees.

3. Suresh says:

Dear Sir

Can you refer a good book for Kerala homoeopathy medical officer exams.

Thanks in advance.

4. sir,
    i am a homeopathic physician can i apply for this and what is fee structure please tell me .

5. shakeelasohail says:

sir can you tell me the fees in pakistanee rupee and how many time one can sit exame after paying the fees

6. Those Who are interested to go abroad for health care profession You can always approach our Team for any assistance.
    Thanks n regards

• viswa says:

i am MD(anestesia) fro Jipmer Passed out in March 2013. Guide me for a job in Dubai.

• Dr Dhananji Wimalaratne says:

I am a Srilankan medical doctor with 14 years clinical experience.I am very interested to work as a doctor in dubai.So I like to do dubai licence exam.Can l do it?Please guide me how to do it and can l get a job
      Thanks

7. lasina mubarak says:

I would like to add certain informations regarding fees which MoH follows at present:
    We want to pay 50dirhams to attend theory exam, if we pass then we want to pay another 50 dirhams for oral exam. if we fail we want to pay again for our next attempt

8. Dr.Swaroop Nair says:

Any idea when the TCAM exams under HAAD abu dhabi will be held in 2013?

Regards,
    Dr.Swaroop Nair

9. MONCYELIZABETH says:

please give the advise for the registration for moh exam.

10. MONCYELIZABETH says:

please give the adise for the moh exam

11. khalid says:

i have done my fcps part 1 in medicine and now want to start my residency in pediatrics in any country of saudia arabia or uae ,wat help u can give me in this regard

12. lincy says:

give me the details about moh exam for dietician job

13. sundus says:

Dear
    please I want to prepare for moh license examination in dubai, I would be grateful to tell me the recommended reading for the examination of the specialist doctors ,with great thanks
    sundus karam

14. Dr.mustajab husain says:

sir,
    i have done D.H.M.S course in India and i have
    running own clinic since 20 years. now i want to
    practice in U.A.E. reffer me a book for applying,
    and how to apply?, what will be the syllabus for
    appearing and passing criteria. please answer me as
    soon as you can.

15. mona.a.hamood says:

dr.muna.A.Hamood
    iv been graduated from arab board in obstetrics and gynecology in march 2013 ,im asking how and where can apply for job in uae

16. djadent says:

Cher
    please, I want to prepare for the exam of moh license in Dubai, I would appreciate if you tell me the documents and sourses recommended reading for examining dentists MOH, with a big thank you
    djadent

17. Dawlat Khan says:

i am medical officer in maldives and i belong to pakistan .i want to appear in MOH online exam.did i need to go back pakistan ? can i appear from maldives and what is the link for online registration.thanks

18. sheeba says:

respected sir
    i completed my msc in medical microbiology.how can i apply for moh exam

19. Dr Prabir Hazarika says:

Respected Sir,

I am MD pathology from India with four years of experience in histopathology. Now I am working as consultant histopathologist in India. Please, tell me how can I appear for Licence examination of Dubai Health Authority for histopathology. Thank you.

20. sundus says:

Dear
    I am specialist gynaecology and obstetrics ( D.G.O) ,i applied for moh license in uae ,recently minstry of health recommend that all diploma holder must enter prometric examination for GP please can you provide me whats the useful material for this examination with great thanks
    yours sincerely