Application invited for Post Graduate Entrance Test – 2012 for admission to Post Graduate Degree courses in Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Nursing, Pharmacy and Physiotherapy in Government colleges and Government seats in Private Aided/unaided Minority & non minority Colleges in Karnataka.
Date of entrance Test – 10th June 2012 Time – 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM Place – Bangalore
- M.D (Homoeopathic) Materia Medica
- M.D (Homoeopathic) Hom. Philosoaphy & organon
- M.D (Homoeopathic) Repertory
- M.D. (Homoeopathic) Practice of Medicine
- M.D. (Homoeopathic) Paediatrics
- M.D. (Homoeopathic) Psychiatry
- M.D. (Homoeopathic) Pharmacy
Examination Fee: Rs. 2,000/- for General Category. Rs. 500/- for SC/ST & Category-I of Karnataka only.
Please note that the candidate will not become eligible for attending the entrance test only by online registration. The candidate must ensure that print out of his/her application with all enclosures mentioned in the brochure reaches the RGUHS on or before 20.05.2012, 5.00 PM by post and 26.05.2012 by in person. RGUHS is not responsible for any postal delay. The print-out of the applications received after 26.05.2012 shall be strictly rejected.
- Date of Notification- 10.05.2012
- Launch of Application on the Website – 10.05.2012
- Receipt of filled-in applications at RGUHS – 14.05.2012
- Last date for receipt of print out of application form filled online for registration in the University by Post- 20.05.2012
- Last date for receipt of print out of application form filled online for registration in the University In-person-26.05.2012
- Date of availability of Hall-Tickets for the eligible candidates in the University website – 30.05.2012
- Date of Entrance Test - 10.06.2012
- Display of Key Answers on the Website – 12.06.2012
- Last date for Challenging the Key Answers – 16.06.2012
- Verification of Challenged Key Answers by Subject Experts – 18.06.2012
- Announcement of Result and Display of Revised Key Answers- 19.06.2012
- Last date for applying for Re-totaling of marks – 23.06.2012
- Announcement of Revised marks & Merit list – 28.06.2012
- BHMS in a recognized Homoeopathic Medical College located in Karnataka State
- The Candidates who have completed or are completing compulsory rotatory internship on or before 30.06.2012 are eligible for Entrance Test.
- Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should have born in the Karnataka state.
- The Candidate should not have attained the age of 45 years on the last date fixed for submission of application to PG Degree Entrance Test.
- Candidates born in Karnataka means candidates of Karnataka origin natural born who or his or her parents (father or mother) has been a resident of Karnataka State for a period of not less than ten years and who produces a certificate from the concerned Tahsildar to that effect.
- Children for the purpose of the rule means natural born son or daughter and not adopted son or daughter and not grandson or granddaughter.
Government of Karnataka In-Service Candidates: In addition to the above, the in-service candidates have to fulfill the following conditions for admission to Post-Graduate courses in Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Nursing, Pharmacy and Physiotherapy. It is mandatory for the in-service candidates to appear for the entrance test.
- An in-service candidate who is already holding a Post Graduate Degree in any speciality shall not be eligible for admission to any other Post Graduate Degree.
- An in-service candidate who is studying in any Post Graduate Degree course shall not be eligible for admission.
- No candidate who is above 45 years as on the last date fixed for receipt of application shall be eligible for admission.
- The eligibility for appearance of in-service candidates in PGET is subject to the provisions of KCSR’s and relevant Government Rules/Notifications governing state services.
How to submit: i) In person: Filled-in applications along with attested copies of all required certificates, may be submitted for registration, in person, at RGUHS, 4th ‘T’ Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560 041, and the Hall Ticket for the Entrance Test may be downloaded from the University website from 30.05.2012 onwards.
ii) By Post: Print out of application filled online, along with attested copies of all required certificates may be sent by post for registration to “The Registrar, RGUHS, 4th ‘T’ Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560 041”. Candidates should super scribe on the cover as “Application for PGET-2012 (AHPNP)”.
Hall Ticket for the Entrance Test may be downloaded from the University website from 30.05.2012 onwards.
Syllabus: The Syllabus content will ordinarily be equal to the syllabus prescribed for the particular degree courses as the case may be under apex body regulations and RGUHS Ordinances.
Duration, Nature of Question Paper and Answer Sheet :
i. The Entrance Test will be conducted in English
ii. There will be one Question Paper (booklet) consisting of 100 questions with duration of 90 minutes
iii. Questions will be of objective type, each question having one best response out of four possible alternatives
iv. Challenging of Key answers: The candidate may challenge the notified keys/answers. The candidate willing to challenge the keys should remit a prescribed fee through Demand Draft in favour of Registrar, RGUHS, Bangalore preferably in person along with copies of supporting documents. No authorized representatives are entertained. Proforma for challenging the keys available on the RGUHS website may be used for this purpose. Anonymous or pseudo-anonymous representations and those received after the last date or without the prescribed fee, are liable to be rejected.
The fee for challenging of key answers
a) up to 05 questions – Rs. 1,000/-
b) up to 15 questions – Rs. 2,000/-
c) above 15 questions, each question – Rs. 500/-
v.The key answers given by the paper setters and finalized by the PGET Committee after the verification by Subject Experts is FINAL. No further enquiry / representation will be entertained after announcement of the result and Merit list.
vi. Answer sheet is of “Optical Mark Reader” (OMR) type. OMR sheet is required to be marked as per the instructions printed on it, using a black or blue Ball point Pen. Attempting or carrying out alterations, erasing, defacing and tampering of the responses (answers), usage of white ink in the OMR answer sheet is not permissible and it amounts to malpractice. Even a minute, inadvertent touch or drop of ink on other oval makes the answer invalid. Specimen copy of the OMR Answer Sheet is in Appendix.
vii. Evaluation is by Optical scanning of OMR Sheet
viii. Each question carries one mark. Correct answer will be awarded – one mark. If more than one alternative is marked for a question, it will be treated as wrong answer. Wrong answers carry no marks.
Determination of Merit and Publication of Results:
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test.
- Provisional Merit lists will be published in the University website.
- The minimum percentage of marks for eligibility for admission is 50% for General Merit candidates and 40% for candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC categories.
Computation of result Criteria:
- >=50% in PGET for “GM” and >=40% in PGET for “SC, ST & OBC”
- Marks Secured in PGET (1st Order) – Descending
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET then go to Total No. of Attempts taken in UG (2nd Order) – Ascending
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET & same Total No. of attempts taken in UG then go to % of total marks secured in UG (3rd Order) – Descending
- If candidates have secured same marks in PGET, same Total No. of attempts taken in UG & same % of total marks in UG then go to % of final year marks secured in UG (4th Order) – Descending
Please visit to website of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences for brochure containing all the details
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka 4th ‘T’ Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560 041. Phone: 080-26961928/40, Fax: 26961929/40 Website: http:/www.rguhs.ac.in