Book review by Mansoor Ali
Name of the book :
- Research Methodology
- Dissertation made easy
Author : Dr.Munir Ahammed. R
Email : email@example.com
Published by : Centre for Homeopathic Studies
403, 38th A Cross, 26th Main,9th Block
Jayanagar. Bangalore.560069. India
Price : Rs.200+100 = 300
Majority of the so called books on Research Methodology are very difficult to digest, but this book is very easy to digest and presented various facts related to research in a simple and lucid manner so that even a undergraduate student can understand and sensitize various aspects and steps of medical research.
The work done by the author is really commendable and useful to the homeopathic students, post graduate teachers ,research guides and professionals .
This two books aims at providing basic information to make the conducting of research simple and comprehensive.
An overview of how to conduct research along with various methods of conducting research are listed and briefly explained.
The narrative style used here makes your journey through research designing and organising simple and enjoyable and emphasis laid on the ethical aspects of human experimentation.
Important ethical guidelines published by WHO, Helsinki declaration, ICMR,CIOMS etc are also included.
He made the biostatistics (a thing undigested to many homoeopaths) so simple for analyzing and interpreting the data gathered. Included only the essentials biostatistics that are required for a homoeopaths rather than going into in-depth complicated statistics.
The issue of writing dissertation is elaborately addressed in the book- Dissertation made easy. That book is highly useful to all postgraduate students and PG teachers in homoeopathy since many of the PG teachers and guides are not at all competent in supervising research or drug proving.
- Basics of research
- Relevance of research in Homeopathy
- Research Procedures
2. Postgraduate education in homoeopathy
- Overview of postgraduate education
- Role of postgraduate guides/supervisor
- Introduction to dissertation
3. Educational methods in postgraduate education
- Ward rounds
- Case presentation
- Poster presentation
- Group discussion
- Journal Clubs
- Writing articles to journals
- Teaching encounters
- Significance of bio statistics in research
- Basic issue in bio statistics
- Graphic statistics]
- Statistical test of significant
5. Study design
- Research design
- Getting an idea of research
- Designs of study
- Types of study
- General points in designing
6. Sample design
- Need for sampling
- Features of good sample
- Types of sample designs
- Factors influencing sample design
7. Ethical issues
- Essence of biomedical ethics
- History of biomedical ethics
- History of world medical association
- Helsinki declaration
- Advent of CIOMS
- Ethics in India
- Ethics in homoeopathic research
- Professional conduct, Etiquette and code of ethics
- Helsinki declaration
- ICMR guidelines
- CIOMS guidelines
- Human and Animal experimentation
9. Bibliography and suggested further reading
Every PG students, PG teachers and PG Guides in Homeopathy must read this book. No other book currently available in the market so simplifying and sensitizing the aspirants like this