Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka MD (Hom) admission
In Government Colleges and Government seats in Private Aided/Unaided Minority & Non-minority Colleges in Karnataka.
For the academic year 2011-12
Date of entrance test : 03.04.2011
The candidates of Karnataka origin and passed the qualifying examination in the colleges located in Karnataka state willing to appear for the test may fill the application form online on the RGUHS website from 04.03.2011.
Rs. 1200/- for General Category
Rs. 300/- for SC/ST & Category-I of Karnataka only.
- Date of availability of Hall-Ticket for the Eligible Candidates – 10.03.2011
- Last date for receipt of print out of application form filled online for registration in the University by Post -19.03.2011
- Last date for receipt of print out of application form filled online for registration in the University In-person-25.03.2011
- Display of Key Answers on the Website – 03.04.2011
- Last date for Challenging the Key Answers-08.04.2011
- Verification of Challenged Key Answers by Subject Experts-12.04.2011
- Announcement of Result and Display of Revised Key Answers-15.04.2011
- Last date for applying for Re-totaling of marks-19.04.2011
- Announcement of Revised marks & Merit list-23.04.2011
Candidate should be a citizen of India
Candidate should have born in the Karnataka state*
No Candidate shall be admitted to M.D (Hom.) Course unless he/she possesses the degree of
(i) Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery or equivalent qualification in Homoeopathy included in the Second Schedule to the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973, after undergoing a course of study of not less than five years and six months duration including one year compulsory internship in a recognized Homoeopathic Medical College located in Karnataka State; or
(ii) Bachelor of Homoeopathy Medicine and Surgery (Graded Degree) or equivalent qualification in Homoeopathy included in the Second Schedule to the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973, after undergoing a course of study of not less than two years duration in a recognized Homoeopathic Medical College located in Karnataka State.
- The Candidate who have completed or are completing compulsory rotatory internship on or before 15.05.2011 are eligible for Entrance Test.
- The Candidates should not have attained the age of 45 years on the last date fixed for submission of application to PG Degree Entrance Test.
- Candidates born in Karnataka means candidates of Karnataka origin natural born who or his or her parents (father or mother) has been a resident of Karnataka State for a period of not less than ten years and who produces a certificate from the concerned Tahsildar to that effect.
- Children for the purpose of the rule means natural born son or daughter and not adopted son or daughter and not grandson or granddaughter.
Government of Karnataka In-Service Candidates:
In addition to the above, the in-service candidates have to fulfill the following conditions for admission to Post-Graduate courses in Homoeopathy. It is mandatory for the in-service candidates to appear for the entrance test.
1. An in-service candidate who is already holding a Post Graduate Degree in any speciality shall not be eligible for admission to any other Post Graduate Degree.
2. An in-service candidate who is studying in any Post Graduate Degree course shall not be eligible for admission.
3. No candidate who is above 45 years as on the last date fixed for receipt of application shall be eligible for admission.
4. The eligibility for appearance of in-service candidates in PGET is subject to the provisions of KCSR’s and relevant Government Rules/Notifications governing state services.
The Syllabus content will ordinarily be equal to the syllabus prescribed for the particular degree courses as the case may be under apex body regulations and RGUHS Ordinances.
Duration, Nature of Question Paper and Answer Sheet :
i. The Entrance Test will be conducted in English
ii. There will be one Question Paper (booklet) consisting of 100 questions with duration of 90 minutes
iii. Questions will be of objective type, each question having one best response out of four possible alternatives
iv. Challenging of Key answers:
The candidate may challenge the notified keys/answers. The candidate willing to challenge the keys should remit a prescribed fee through Demand Draft in favour of Registrar, RGUHS, Bangalore preferably in person along with copies of supporting documents. No authorized representative are entertained. Proforma for challenging the keys available on the RGUHS website may be used for this purpose. Anonymous or pseudo-anonymous representations and those received after the last date or without the prescribed fee, are liable to be rejected.
The fee for challenging of key answers
a) up to 05 questions – Rs. 1,000/-
b) up to 15 questions – Rs. 2,000/-
c) above 15 questions, each question – Rs. 500/-
v. The key answers given by the paper setters and finalized by the PGET Committee after the verification by Subject Experts is FINAL. No further enquiry / representation will be entertained after announcement of the result and Merit list.
vi. Answer sheet is of “Optical Mark Reader” (OMR) type. OMR sheet is required to be marked as per the instructions printed on it, using a black or blue Ball point Pen. Attempting or carrying out alterations, erasing, defacing and tampering of the responses (answers), usage of white ink in the OMR answer sheet is not permissible and it amounts to malpractice. Even a minute, inadvertent touch or drop of ink on other oval makes the answer invalid. Specimen copy of the OMR Answer Sheet is in Appendix.
vii. Evaluation is by Optical scanning of OMR Sheet
viii. Each question carries one mark. Correct answer will be awarded – one mark. If more than one alternative is marked for a question, it will be treated as wrong answer. Wrong answers carry no marks.
Determination of Merit and Publication of Results:
a) Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test.
b) Provisional Merit lists will be published in the University website.
c) The minimum percentage of marks for eligibility for admission is 50% for General Merit candidates and 40% for candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC categories.
Download brochure : http://www.similima.com/pdf/rguhsmd2011.pdf
Online application form : http://www.rguhs.ac.in/ahpnp2011/pget.php
Print Online application form : http://www.rguhs.ac.in/ahpnp2011/printfirst.php
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
4th ‘T’ Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560 041.
Phone: 080-26961940, Fax: 26961929
Website : http://www.rguhs.ac.in