A series 170/2005 Maximum: 100 marks Time : 1 hour 15 minutes
1. The question paper will be given in the form of a Question Booklet. There will be four versions of question booklets with question booklet alpha code viz. A, B, C & D.
2. The Question Booklet Alpha Code will be printed on the top left margin of the facing sheet of the question booklet.
3. The Question Booklet Alpha Code allotted to you will be noted in the address list intended for obtaining your signature and also in the seat allotted to you in the Examination Hall.
4. If you get a question booklet where the alpha code does not match to the allotted alpha code in die address list/seating position, please draw the attention of the Invigilator IMMEDIATELY
5. The Question Booklet Serial number is printed on the top right margin of the facing sheet. If your question booklet is unnumbered, please get it replaced by new question booklet with same alpha code.
6. Write the question booklet alpha code in the space provided in Part B of the answer sheet and darken the appropriate bubble.
7. The question booklet will be sealed at the middle of the right margin. Candidate should not open the question booklet, until the indication is given to start answering.
8. Immediately after the commencement of the examination, the. candidate should check that the question booklet supplied to him contains all the 100 questions in serial order. The question booklet does not have imprinted or torn or missing pages and if so he/she should bring it to the notice of the Invigilator and get it replaced by a complete booklet with same alpha code. This is most important.
9. Do not write or mark anything on your question booklet. A separate paper will be provided for rough work.
10. Please read carefully all the instructions on the reverse of the Answer Sheet before marking your answers.
11. Each question is provided with four choices (A), (B), (C) and (D) having one correct answer. Choose the correct answer and darken the bubble corresponding to the question number using Blue or Black Ball-Point Pen in the OMR answer sheet.
12. Each correct answer carries 1 mark and for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted. No negative mark for unattended questions.
13. No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall till the end of the session and without handing over his/her Answer Sheet and Question Booklet to the Invigilator. Candidates should ensure that the Invigilator has verified all the entries in the Register Number Coding Sheet and that the Invigilator has affixed his/her signature in the space provided.
14. Strict compliance of instructions is essential Any malpractice or attempt to commit any kind of malpractice in the Examination will result in the summary disqualification of the candidate.
1.Berberin is found in :
- (A) Berberis vulgaris. (B) Argemon mexicana.
- (C) Both the above. (D) None of the above.
2. In L.M. potency preparation the size of globules used is :
- (A) 5-Size. (B) 20-Size.
- (C) 30-Size. (D) 40-Size.
3. Which species of Aloe is used in Homoeopathy ?
- (A) Aloe zizibar (B) Aloe coraco.
- (C) Aloe socotrina. (D) Aloe vera.
4. The abbreviation for “Use if necessary” is :
- (A) A.C. (B) S.O.S.
- (C) C.M. (D) H.S.S.
5. The method used for separating volatile solid from non-volatile solid is called :
- (A) Evaporation. (B) Sublimation.
- (C) Crystallization. (D) Decantation.
6. Spermaceti physical nature is :
- (A) Solid. , (B) Liquid.
- (C) Semisolid. (D) Vapours.
7. Centicimal potency is discussed in :
- (A) Vth Edition of Organon. (B) VIth Edition of Organon.
- (C) Materia medica pura. (D) Chronic diseases.
8. Metalic hard and stony hard drugs are triturated for Ix or 1c for^
- (A) One hour. (B) Two hours.
- (C) Three hours. (D) Four hours.
9. Class V of old class deals with :
- (A) Mother tinctures. (B) Alcoholic solutions.
- (C) Aqueous solutions. (D) Mother solutions.
10. Mullen oil is :
- (A) An oil extract. (B) Alcoholic extract,
- (C) Aqueous extract (D) Glycerin extract.
11. Inspissated Juice is used from :
- (A) Arnica. (B) Grindalia.
- (C) Aloe. (D) Guaicum.
12. Binding material used for the tabloid preparation is :
- (A) Starch. (B) Sugar.
- (C) Glycerin. (D) Calcium powder.
13. Globules are manufactured in a machine called
- (A) Rotary. (B) Evaporator.
- (C) Coating pan. (D) Granulator.
14. 1 grain powder is equal to :
- (A) 65 mg. (B) 80 mg.
- (C) 90 mg. (D) 100 mg.
16. 1 ml of alcohol can give :
- (A) 46 drops. (B) 17 drops.
- (C) 20 drops. (D) 35 drops.
16. Homoeopathic drugs prepared by using other systems drug are called
- (A) Isopathic drugs. (B) Tautopathic drugs.
- (C) Homoeopathic drugs. (D) Allopathic drugs.
17. Sepia is prepared by using the method of
- (A) Mother tincture. (B) Alcoholic solution.
- (C) Aqueous solution. (D) Trituration.
18. The latest Bi-nominal system of nomenclature is introduced by :
- (A) Linneus. (B) Bentham and Hooker.
- (C) TakhatJ’an . (D) Gibs.
19. The earliest Homoeopathic Pharmaceutical Industry established in Philadelphia U.S.A. is :
- (A) Boeric&Tafle. (B) Boiron.
- (C) Madus. (D) Willmar Scwabe.
20. Manufacture ofHomoeo drugs dealt in .sub rule
- (A) 85. (B) 92.
- (C) 67. (D) 71.
21. Which type of solutions throwout crystals
- (A) Perfect solutions. (B) Unsaturated solutions.
- (C) Over saturated solutions (D) Aqueous solutions.
22. Loganiaceae family members are
- (A) Nux vomica. (B) Ignatia amara.
- (C) Both of the above. (D) None of the above.
23. Cephalandra and Bryonia belongs to
- (A) Compositae. (B) Solanaceae.
- (C) Cucurbitaceae. (D) Asteraceae.
24. In Anacardium occidentale the part used is
- (A) Seeds. (B) Kernel.
- (C) Fruit. (D) Juice of Epicarp.
25. In which year the first Pharmacopoeia is published in Homeo :
- (A) 1790. (B) 17S6.
- (C) 1805. . ‘ (D) 1825.
26. A substance which can cure a disease is called
- (A) Drug. (B) Medicine.
- (C) Remedy. (D) All the three.
27.A mother tincture is
- (A) An alcoholic solution. (B) Alcoholic extract.
- (C) Dilution of the drug. (D) Aquo alcoholic extract.
28.Glonoin is the drug prepared from
- (A) Glycerin trichloride. (B) Nitroglycerin.
- (C) Triglycerides. (D) Benzene.
29.Chemical formula of camphor is
- (A) C10H140. (B) C10H16O
- (C) C10H10N4O (D) C3H5N3O9
30.Graminaceae members are
- (A) Avena eativa. (B) Cynodon dactylon.
- (C) Both the two. (D) None of the above.
31.Ficus relegios belongs to
- (A) Meliaceae. (B) Moraceae.
- (C) Urticaceae. (D) Myrtaceae.
32.Cinnaberis is a:
- (A) Zinc compound. (B) Lead compound.
- (C) Copper compound. (D) Mercuric compound.
33. % of the dispensing alcohol is :
- (A) 95%. (B) 88%.
- (C) 75%. (D) 91%.
34.60. O.P. alcohol % is :
- (A) 94.5 %. (B) 91.4%.
- (C) 60%. (D) 57%.t
35.Arbur vita is the common name for
- (A) Abrotenum. (B) Abrus precatorious.
- (C) Thalaspi bursa pastoris. (D) Thuja.
36. Lachaais male snake is :
- (A) Larger than the female. (B) Equal is size.
- (C) Smaller than the female. (D) All possible.
37. Morbid products with which drugs are prepared are called
- (A) Sarcodes. (B) Nosodes.
- (C) Medicines. (D) Remedies.
38. Posology is the Doctrine of:
- (A) Medicine. (B) Potency.
- (C) Dosage. (D) None.
.39. What are the sources of Homoeopathic Pharmacy
- (A) Materia Medica Pura . (B) Organon of Medicine.
- (C) Chronic diseases. (D) All the above.
40. When a medicine exhibit affinity for a particular system or organ in the body it is called :
- (A) Polychrest remedy. (B) Indicated medicine.
- (C) Organopathic drug. (D) Proved drug.
41. In which aporism of Organon VI edition 50 millicimal potencies are discussed.
- (A) 207. (B) 250.
- (C) 270. (D) 170.
42. How many scales use triturations
- (A) One. (B) Two.
- (C) Three. .. (D) All.
43. To get 1 X trituration the drug and sugar of milk are taken in a ratio of:
- (A) 1:9. . (B) 1:99.
- (C) 1: 4. (D) 1: 2.
44. Can the solid trituration be converted in to liquid dilution at:
- (A) 6X. (B) 8X.
- (C) 10 X . (D) All the above.
46. Succussion is the process used for potentising :
- (A) Solid drugs. (B) Insoluble drugs.
- (C) Soluble drugs. (D) All the above.
46. What is the drug power of mother tinctures in Class III ?
- (A) 1/2. (B) 1/6.
- (C) 1/10 (D) 1/100.
47. According to old method most juicy plants belong to ?
- (A) Class I. (B) Class II.
- (C) Class III. (D) Class IV.
48. The fundamental rule for the Class III Q is discussed in Materia Medica Pura under :
- (A) Bryonia. (B) Cactus g.
- (C) Silicia. (D) Squilla.
49. What is the drug strength of Sulphur mother tincture ?
- (A) 1/2. (B) 1/10.
- (C) 1/1000. (D) 1/5000.
50. What is the drug strength of Cactus grandiflora Q ?
- (A) 1/10. (B) 1/20.
- (C) 1/2. (D) 1/100.
61. Calcaria carb is prepared from which layer of oister shell:
- (A) Inner layer. (B) Middle layer.
- (C) Outer layer. (D) All of them.
62. Desicator is used for removing the :
- (A) Dust. (B) Moisture.
- (C) Acidity. . (D) None of them.
53. Which part of the plant Bryonia is used for preparing Q ?
- (A) Roots. (B) Bark.
- (C) Stem. (D) Leaves.
64. Rhododendron is prepared from
- (A) Leaves. (B) Flowers
- (C) Flower buds and leaves. (D) Fruit.
66. Lac filinum is the milk obtained from a healthy :
- (A) Dog. (B) Cat.
- (C) Cow. (D) Horse.
56. For preservation of Flouric acid the glass bottles which are used are
- (A) Ambar colour. (B) White colour.
- (C) Blue colour. (D) Gutta purcha.
67. What is the molecular weight of water ?
- (A) 16. (B) 18.
- (C) 20. (D) 22.
68. When a boiled solution of sugar of milk containing starch is treated with solution of lodin will turn it:
- (A) Red. (B) Brown.
- (C) White curdy. (D) Blue.
69. If chlorides to be tested the silver nitrate is added to give a
- (A) Green P.P.T. (B) Red P.P.T.
- (C) White curdy P.P.T (D) Brown P.P.T.
60. What is the formula of Ethanol ?
- (A) CH3CHO. (B) C2H5OH.
- (C) C3H7Oh. (D) CH2CH3COOH.
61. Boiling point of Ethyl alcohol is :
- (A) 78.5 °C. (B) 90.5 °C.
- (C) 85.2 °C. (D) 100 °C.
62. Glycerin vehicle is obtained from :
- (C) Mineral source. (D) All the three.
- (A) Animal source. (B) Plant source.
63. Venums are preserved in :
- (A) Alcohol. (B) Water.
- (C) Glycerin. (D) Acetone.
64. The fundamental principle for the dose should be :
- (A) Singleness. (B) Simpleness.
- (C) Similarity. (D) All the three.
66. Volume II of HPI contain the drug monographs ranging :
- (A) 108. (B) 115.
- (C) 100. (D) 170.
66. Linaments are prepared from
- (A) Alcohol. (B) Distilled water.
- (C) Olive oil. (D) Rosmary oil.
67. Which part is called the body of the prescription ?
- (A) Superscription. (B) Subscription.
- (C) Inscription. (D) Signa.
68. Legally important part of the Signa is :
- (A) Signature of the physician. (B) Registration No.
- (C) Date. (D) All the three.
69. In old classification triturations are discussed in :
- (A) Class Vl1 (B) Class VIII.
- (C) Class IX. (D) All the three.
70. Drugs can be standardise by :
- (A) Physical assaying. (B) Chemical assaying.
- (C) Biological assaying. (D) All the three.
71. First Homoeopathic Pharmacy is compiled by :
- (A) Close. (B) Caspar!.
- (C) Herring. (D) Staff
72. Placebo is discussed in the Organon in article
- (A) 270. (B) 267.
- (C) 281. (D) 247
73. Ethanol is chemically
- (A) Monohydric. (B) Dihydric.
- (C) Trihydric. (D) Tetrahydric.
74. Lachasia is introduced by
- (A) Kent. (B) Boening Hausen.
- (C) Herring. (D) Lippe.
75. Petroselinum belongs to
- (A) Mineral source. (B) Plant source.
- (C) Chemical source. (D) Animal source.
76. All Mother tinctures are standardized at 1/10 D.S. by
- (A) Hahnemann. (B) New method.
- (C) Pharmacopoeia. (D) Organon of medicine.
77. Club moss is the common name for
- (A) Thuja. (B) Fucus.
- (C) Lycopodium. (D) Arnica.
78. M. Bhattacharya & Co. Pharmacopoeia is published in
- (A) 1900. (B) 1892.
- (C) 1920. (D) 1972.
79. Purification of commercial Lactose is developed by
- (A) Staff. (B) Coolen.
- (C) Lavoishe. (D) Dunham.
80. To separate the solute from solvent the method used is
- (A) Filtration. (B) Distillation.
- (C) Sublimation (D) Decantation.
81. In class IX of old method the drug and vehicle ratio is :
- (A) 1:9. (B) 1:99.
- (C) 2:9. (D) 1:4.
82. Digitalis belongs to the family .
- (A) Compositae. (B) Scrophluraceae
- (C) Solanaceae. (D) Rananculaceae.
83. Bufo rana is the drug prepared from
- (A) Toad. (B) Snail. .
- (C) Snake. (D) Lizard.
84. Santonine is the active principle of:
- (A) Belladonna. (B) Satalum album.
- (C) Cina. (D) Pulsatilla.
85. Rule 67 of Sale of Homoeo drugs the duration of licence is discussed in :
- (A) 67—C. (B) 67—D.
- (C) 67—E. (D) 67—B.
86. Route of administration of drugs is dealt in
- (A) Pharmacognosy. (B) Pharmacology.
- (C) Pharmaconomy. (D) Pharmacoproxy.
87. One who conduct proving experiment is called
- (A) Prover. . (B) Ideal prover.
- (C) Master prover. (D) None of the above.
88. Temporary hardness of water is because of the presence of:
- (A) Sulphates .(B) Phosphates.
- (C) Carbonates. (D) Chlorides.
89. Decimal potencies are explained in
- (A) V edition of Organon.(B) VI edition of Organon.
- (C) Both the two. (D) None of the above.
90. Night blooming Cereus is the name for=
- (A) Helianthus anus. (B) Cactus g.
- (C) Claendula (D) ChamomiUa.
91. Passion flower of Passiflora incamata the part used is
- (A) Leaves (B) Roots.
- (C) Flowers. (D) Fruits.
92. Skunk is the material obtained from
- (A) Musk deer. (B) Toad skin.
- (C) Anal gland of wild cat. (D) Snake venum.
93. Propaintriol ia the chemical name of
- (A) Methyl alcohol .(B) Ethyl alcohol.
- (C) Glycerin .(D) Benzene.
94. Mercurialifl perinnis belongs to
- (A) Animal kingdom. (B) Mineral kingdom.
- (C) Plant kingdom. (D) Chemicals.
96. I.H.P. Vol I contain Monographs of:
- (A) 170 Drugs. (B) 210 Drugs.
- (C) 118 Drugs. (D) 180 Drugs.
96. Extraction of Mother tinctures from dry drug materials is carried out by the process of:
- (A) Filteration. (B) Sublimation.
- (C) Maceration. (D) Percolation.
97. Karl Fisher method of moisture estimation is otherwise known as :
- (A) Gravimetric method (B) Tolune method.
- (C) Volumetric method. (D) Titrimetric method.
98. Imponderable drugs are introduced by Hahnemann in Organon of medicine in the article
- (A) 274 . (B) 267.
- (C) 282. (D) 286.
99. Homoeopathic doses are synonymous for
- (A) Infmitissimal doses. (B) Microdoses.
- (C) Minimal doses. (D) Optimal doses.
100. Common name of Andrographis paniculata is :
- (A) Babchi. (B) Somraj.
- (C) Kalmegh. . (D). Kurchi.
Download Answer Key : www.similima.com/pdf/kpsc-pharmacy-tutor.pdf
Answer key @ similima