If we fail it is not the fault of the law nor of the weapons but of our failure to learn the use of our equipments ” - H.A. Roberts
The first report of cancer related to occupational hazards was Percival Pot’s observation of an unusually high frequency of scrotal cancer among London chimney sweeps.
The following table provide a list of industrial agents which cause cancer
|Etiology||Site of malignancy|
|Polycyclic hydrocarbons||Lung, skin|
|Vinylchloride||Angio-sarcoma of liver|
Precancerous state - includes ulcerative colitis, cervical erosion, leukoplakia, crohn’s disease, papillomatosis of bladder, intestinal polyposis, chronic gastric ulcer, seborrhoeic keratosis.
- Thuja – king of Hahnemans sycosis. Produce benign neoplasms – warts, condylomata, vegetations, naevi, etc. Thuja is the first remedies for the pre cancerous state. Indicated in cancer of breast – degenerated adenoma and for cutaneous epithelioma. Mentally obsessed with fixed ideas.
- Lachesis – precancerous and starting cancer cases. During climacteric or 5th decade.
- Iodum – complementary to thuja, which is also its antidote. tendency to produce new connective tissues and hard glandular growth – breast, uterus, lymph gland, thyroid. Wastes very rapidly inspite of good appetite. Has a favorable action on weight and regression of tumour. Mentally depressed, melancholic and anxious. Iodum is complementary to Thuja.
- Silicea – acts on CT, before epithelial neoformation. For cicatrical degeneration – cheloids. Chilliness predominates. Drenching sweat, excessive thirst, desire for cold food and cold milk. Scrofulous diathesis action on lymph nodes. Hence used in various lymphomas and other malignancies where lymph node is involved. Analogous action to fluric acid in sclerosing tendencies with the production of new fibrous tissues. Silicea is incompatible with merurius.
- Lycopodium- cancer with marked hepatic insufficiency. CA localizes on liver, stomach or intestine.
- Sulphur – Abdominal arteriovenous hypertension and localize in GIT. King of Hahnemanns antipsoric. Pretumeral state.
- Sepia- atony determines ptosis and bearing down sensation. Endocranial disturbances causes characteristic facies andcutanious pigmentary modifications..untreated sepia develop to CA pelvis- rectum, sigmoid colon, prostrate
- Petroleum- cracks on skin, <winter, by cold. Petroleum directs itself towards surface cancers – skin, mucosa.
- The Calcarias :-
- Cal.fl – neoplasms of glands & CT, stony induration of breast. Uterus, throat.
- Cal.carb- indicated among precancerous hypothyroids, hypersensitive to cold and chilly with flaccid muscles, invaded by adipose tissues. Materialize, the demineralizing factor in cancer.
- Cal. Iod – indolent ulcerations, engorgement of lymph glands
- Cal. Oxalica – pain in ulcerating cancers.
- Cal. Silicate – emaciation, sensitive to cold.
- Lapis albus (calcium silico fluoride) – uterine fibromas with adhesions.
- The Kalis :-
- Kali carb – weakness, chills,, lumbar pains, sweats and waisting
- Kali bi – gastric or pyloric cancer which can develop into malignant degerations, with perpendicular borders, thick discharges.
- Kali iod – acts on infiltrated CT and on hypertrophied glands.
- Kali ars- inverterate skin disease with fissures and malignant tendency.
- Kali cy- in lingual cancer.
- The Natums-
- Nat.mur- tuberculinique state, decalcified subjects
- Nat. sulph – sycotic and hydrogenoid states, sensitive to damp and cold.
- The Carbos
- Carb.veg- deficient vitality, gastrointestinal atony,
- Carb.an – established tumor, hard tumor, indurated and swollen lymphatic glands. Subcutaneous venous distension, bluish discoloration of infiltrated tissues, burning pains, gastric flatulence. Breast and stomach cancer becomes less hard with > of pains.
- Graphitis –precancerous state with tendency to induration of tissues and degeneration of cicatrices.
- Causticum –antipsoric, at the same time sycotic, often veers towards cancer. Emaciation, dry yellow color. Facial warts.
- Ars.alb- prostration, burning pains > by heat.
- Phosphorus- hepatic and pancreatic cancer. (sil – is complimentary, has efficacity for interstitial tissues).
- Mercurius- nocturnal ,, engorgement of lymphatic glands, bleeding ulceration, sweats, oral fetor. Cancer locolise on GIT.
- Cinnabaris or mercurius sulphuratus rubber – in condylomata which may or maynot be degerated.
- Nitric acid :-complimentary to mer. & cal.carb. fissures and painful ulcerations with sensation of fine needles. Debility, demineralization, progressive wasting and thinning
- Nux vom & ignatia – mental signs
- Sedum acre & sedum repens – by Abbe Keul. In material doses Q, 1X, 3X , gives weight to patient. Modifies the tumor, retards its progress.” The principal sign is their tendency to mucosal and cutaneous tumors”. Sedum repens acts on abdominal organs. sedum teleplium, act on uterus or rectum with haemarrhage.
- Scrofularia nodosa – Cancer of skin, breast, uterus, rectum in low potencies with marked glandular invasion. Has drainage action.
- Sempavivum tectorum – lingual, breast, rectal and other cancer. Tendency to aphthaeulcerated cancer
- Condurango – in oesophageal, stomach or intestinal cancers. Fissures in labial commisures. Cancer at the junction ofmucosa and skin, lips, anus, lids.
- Cistus caadensis – CA breast, pharynx, or neck with marked cervical lymphadenopathy. Extreme sensitive to cold.
- Chimaphila umbel – scirrus mamma, painful tumors of mamma of unmarried girls, nipples drawn in. Sharp pains in tumor and in axilla or open cancer with ragged, everted edges sloughing or fetid discharge.
- Hydrastis – CA breast, stomach. Ulcerated or not. Progressive debility. Hypochlorhydria during or before CA.
- Kreosotum – bleeding ulcerations. Burning discharge,excoriating, fetid. For CA cervix.
- Clematis – scirrus mamma with stitches in shoulder and gland, very painful during increasing moon.
- Conium mac – cancerous swelling and induration of glands.
- Ornithogalam – ulcer or CA in the pyloroduodenal sphere.
- Phytolacca- hard or scirrhous tumors, esp. mamma, can soften and diminish them. Slowly developing cancers. Pain > by external heat.
- Bary.carb – esp. breast adenomas, sclerosed or indurated tissues, degenerated or not. ( Aur.met, Aur.ars, Aur.m.n, Pl.iod)
- Selenium – debility, wasting, tendency to sarcomas.
- Asterias rubens – cancer of mamma around nipples which is sunken, skin adherent and smooth, livid red spots which ulcerate, discharging very fetid ichor.
- Aurum met – CA nose and lip. Tongue swollen with scirrhus like hard ulcers
- Aurum muriaticum natronatum- uterine tumors - indurated cervix.chronic metritis and prolapsus, uterus fills up the whole pelvis.
- Belladonna – scirrhous indurations, burning when touched.
- Bellis perennis – swelling very sensitive to touch. Tumors that has been reappeared after repeated surgical removal. Tumors caused by repeated trauma.
- Bismuth – CA stomach with burning, stinging pains. Vomiting.
- Cadmium sulph – CA stomach with burning and cutting pains. Vomiting of green mucus, slime blood or coffee ground.
- Caltha palustris – uterine cancer with itching eruption on thighs.
- Curare :- cancer of cheeks, healing slowly and passing into gangrene.
- Elaps coral :- Cancer uteri, sensation as if something burst in womb, followed by a continuous stream of dark coloured blood on attempting to urinate.
- Tarantula cubensis – atrocious pain in cancer when the surface is dark and bluish carcinoma of mamma.
Remedies for pain
- Ars.alb & nitric acid – burning pains. Sensations of fine needles in nit.acid.
- Apis – burning pricks as with red hot needles.
- Arnica – bruised pains, breast adenoma following traumatism.
- Bryonia- > through rest and strong pressure. In CA breast ought to be supported or bound
- Cal.acetica. – constrictive pains
- Euphorbium – burning or lancinating pains, < getting heat near fire, > motion and walking. 30 potency relieves the burning pain of cancer for 5-6 hours. pustular ulcerations turning black.
- Mag.phos – spasmodic pains > by heat.
- Ruta – bruised pains, deep pains, osseous or periosteal. CA rectum.
- Carbolic acid- sudden pains, terrible,discharges putrid, ulcerating CA of uterine cervix.
- Acetic acid – hard cancer of stomach in the distal aperture opening into the duodenum, with predominance of CT. Gnawing burning pain in stomach > by lying on stomach.
- Ova tosta- for cancer pains and warts
- Arsenicum bromatum- indurated tumors with weakness and eruptive or ulcerating tendency.
- Antimonium chloridum – in mucosal cancers with great prostration.
- Gallium aparine – ulcerated cancers and nodulated tumors of skin and tongue developing on the surface.
- Fuligo lingi – epithelioma of skin. For irritated mucosa esp. uterus and scrotum
- Hoang-nan – ameliorates fetidity and haemorrhage of cancer.
- Cinnamomum – pain, haemorrhage, fetidity. For uterine cancer.
- Anantherum – ulcerated cancers, inflamed lymphatic glands. Induration.
- Choline – acts on liver. Alkaloid of Taraxacum, good drainer of precancerous state.
- Cholesterinum- for hepatic cancer.
- Eosine – burning pains of cancer
- Radium bromide – Tendency to cutaneous epitheliomata due to radioactive radiation burns. Burning of skin as if on fire. CA uterus– aching pain in abdomen over pubis when flow comes on.
- x-rays – cancer following skin lesion produced by repeated exposure to X-Ray. Leukemia.
Drainage and canalization remedies
It is essential to act in a centripetal sense in order to retain the mineral salts and prevent malnutrition. Also neutralize or eliminate in a centrifugal sense, the toxins elaborated in the body.
Drainage remedies are Cheli, Tarax, Card.m, Choles, Ornitho, Con, Bry, Calen, Sempervivum tectorum, Symphy, Galium aparine, Condu, Hydras, Crata, China, Scro.no, Sedum acre, phyto – all in Q
Local selective action of Homoeopathic remedies in cancer
- Lips – condu
- Tongue – Kali.cy, Semp. Tect, Galium aparine.
- Pharynx – Cistus can
- Oesophagus – Cond
- Stomach – Carb.an, Condu, Hydras, Lyco, x
- Pylorus & Duodinum – ornitho
- Intestines – cond, Carb an, Ars.alb,Sedum repens, Petroleum
- Caecum – Ornith
- Sigmoid colon & rectum – ruta, scrofu.no,sempervivum tectorum
- Anus – condu
- Liver – Chol, Lyco, Phos, Choline.
- Uterus – Aur.m.n, kreo, Cinnamomum, Sepia
- Breast – Ast.ru, Con, Car.an, Hydra, Sem.t, Plu.iod, Thuja.
- Testicles – Aur.met
- Scrotum – Fuligo ligni
- Skin – Scro.no, Cond, Gal.ap, Ars.alb, Thuja, Cinna, Petr, Kali.ars,Rad.br
- Eye – Condu
- Periosteum – Ruta, symphy, Phos.
- Lymphatic glands – Carbo.an
- Glands – Scro.no, Iod, Cal.fl
- Face – Thuja, Cinnabaris.
- Neck – Cictus ca, Mer
- Vagina – Kreos
- Bladder – Taraxacum
- Epithelioma – Thuja Q, Hydrastis Q and glycerine, Arsen 3x
- CA breast – Bellis per Q,
- In paget’s disease – Lobel erin Q
- In A/c ulceration – gallium apar Q, Hamam Q
- In bones – symphy Q
- Epitheliomine – extract of epithelioma
- Scirrhinum –extract of scirrhus
- Carcinosine – extract of any cancer
|Carcinosin Adeno.Stom||Epithelioma of stomach|
|CarcinosinAdeno.Vesica||Epithelioma of bladder|
|Carcinosin Intest.Co||Epithelioma of intestine & bladder|
|Carcinosin Scin.Mam||Scirrus of Breast|
|Carcinosin Squam.Pulm||Epithelioma of lung|
Cancero-toxin, Pan-Cancro, Micrococcus, Oscillococcin, Onkomyxa
Potency – 200. not necessary to repeat it more often than once every 2 or 3 months.
Non-specific nosodes – psorinum
Others – Tuberculinum, Syphilinum, Med, Melan,
BOWEL NOSODES (Bach remedies)
- Morgan & Dysentericus in carcinoma
- Morgan & Gaertner – in sarcoma
- Gartner bacillus acts on indurated tumors. 30th potency is preferable.
Viscum alb – ought to be a specific remedy in cancer. For renal sclerosis and brights Ds with hypertension.
MIASMATIC ASPECTS OF CANCER
- All exophytic growths – warts, dermoid cysts, bony tumors – are sycosyphilitic in nature.
- All ulcerative and fungative growths are syphilitic in nature.
- Haemorrhage and secondary Infection are strong tubercular miasm.
- Homoeopathic tretment of cancer :- Fortier – Bernoville & A.H. Grimmer
- Homoeopathy in cancer :- Farokh J Master
- Homoeopathic insight into cancer :-Causes, Treatment &Cure :- Dr. sulthan Alam M.Bihari.
- The prescriber :- J.H.Clarke.