Hand Book for MD (Hm) 2010- 2013 National Institute of Homoeopathy Kolkatta
An Autonomous Institution under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Department of AYUSH, Government of India.
Affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Sciences. Kolkatta
The National Institute of Homoeopathy was established on 10th December 1975 in Kolkata, as a Central Govemment autonomous institution of national importance, under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. All Central Govemment rules with regard to service matter are applicable at the NIH mutatis mutandis.
The institute has comprehensive facilities for teaching, research and patient care. The Institute aims at the following points:
- To develop pattems of teaching in Undergraduate and Postgraduate education , so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education in homoeopathy to achieve competitive excellence,
- To bring together as may be, in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in homoeopathy and,
- To attain self-sufficiency in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Medical Education in homoeopathy to meet the country’s needs for competent homoeopathic physicians and homoeopathic medical teachers,
- Serving the society through education, empowering the youth to develop high levels of intelligence,emotional and spiritual quotient through scientific and professional knowledge thereby creating unlimited opportunities,
- Outstanding patient care by providing service to the suffering individuals and providing better opportunity for leaming the clinical aspects of homoeopathy,
- Developing qualitative research in homoeopathy by which the students will develop an insight in further progress of the system of homoeopathy,
- The growth of this science with professional and social support that is appropriately positioned to take on the burden of disease amongst the rural and the tribal poor, the urban slum and the under privileged, the diseased in the mind and in the body .
The Institute is conducting the Degree Course in Homoeopathy viz., Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (B.H.M.S.) and Post- Graduate Course viz., Doctor of Medicine in Homoeopathy [M.D (Hom)] courses. These courses are recognized by the Central Council of Homoeopathy.
The Chief Executive Officer of the Institute is the Director. A Goveming Body constituted by the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, controls the functions of the Institute. The President of the Governing Body is the Hon’ble Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India. The regular activities of the Institute are monitored by the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, on behalf of the Governing Body.
The Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata, shall verify the correctness of documents. On his satisfaction he shall direct the candidates to deposit all required fees etc., immediately.
The original certificates submitted shall not be returned to the candidates till the course is completed.
Certificates and Documents to be submitted at the time of admission to the National Institute of Homoeopathy:
- Nationality Certificates or Photocopy of the valid passport/ Domicile Certificate / Birth
- Certificate duly attested by Dean /Principal of previous institution attended;
- WBPGHAT Admit Card / University selection letter;
- SSLC /Xth standard pass certificate and mark sheet;;
- Conduct certificate from the head of the institute last attended;
- Transfer (College Leaving) Certificate from the institute last attended;
- First to Final Mark sheets of the qualifying Examination;
- Passing / Degree Certificate of qualifying examinations;
- Internship Completion Certificate;
- Attempt certificates of all examination from head of the institute last attended;
- Caste certificate (if applicable);
- Caste validity certificate (if applicable);
- Non Creamy layer certificate valid up to 31/3/2010 for DT/VJ, NT-1, NT-2, NT-3, OBC (if applicable);
- Valid Registration Certificate from Council;
- Migration certificate issued by the respective University, (if applicable);
- Self Educational GAP (if the GAP is more than six months after completion; of internship / qualifying degree). Affidavit by student (if applicable);
- Medical Fitness Certificate/Physically Handicapped Certificate;
- Undertaking for not having taken admission to PG Course in earlier occasions;
- Three passport size coloured photographs and three stamp sized photographs duly attested;
- Any other relevant document.
Note-The above certificates and testimonials ( two sets of copies) duly attested by a Gazetted Officer / Head Master /Principal of the institute last attended to be submitted at the time of admission.
Candidates selected to various courses shall be whole time students.
Service holders will have to apply for study leave and are required to produce the orders where in such leave has been sanctioned to them, from the competent authority within three months after joining the course.
Private Practice / Part time employment
No post graduate student shall do any kind of private practice , or consultation practice and shall not accept any part-time employment or join any other course in any other teaching institution during his/her post graduate studies at NIH. If any one is found during the course indulging in private practice/ undertaking any part time employment or joined any other course, he/she has to face the disciplinary action as decided by the Director, NIH, even upto termination of his/her studentship.
(i). Stipend may be paid by the Institute as per the order of the Central Govt., department of AYUSH from time to time, to the students who are regular in attendance and show good progress every month in their academic pursuit.
Candidates who come from service shall not be paid stipend if they draw leave salary or salary.
(i) The stipend is payable after verification of attendance and on recommendation of satisfactory progress by the Head of the Department and Academic in-charge/Hospital authority.
(ii) Students are discouraged from discontinuing the course any time after the commencement of the same. Every PGT on admission will execute a bond (Notariesed) on non judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100/ in the form specified in Annexure-I abiding to study and complete the course and that in case she/he fails or leaves the course or if her /his admission is cancelled by the Institute before completion for any reason she/he will have to pay Rs 1, 00,000/- (Rupees one lakh only) and return the total amount of stipend received by her /him from the institute.
Download the full handbook : www.similima.com/pdf/nih-md-homeopathy-handbook.pdf