Central Council of Homoeopathy revised the Minimum Standards Requirement of Homoeopathic Colleges and attached Hospitals Regulations 2013
The Gazette of India Extraordinary
Notification No.67 New Delhi, 8th March, 2013
They shall come into date of publication in the Official Gazette : 8th March 2013
All colleges should fulfill these minimum requirments by 31st December 2014
Permission will be granted for five years – no inspection during this period.
These regulations shall not be applicable on teaching faculty appointed before the date of this notification.
Post-graduation in Allopathy is an equivalent qualification in non Homoeopathy subjects like Anatomy, Practice of Medicine, Surgery, OBG, SPM,Physiology,Pathology, FMT etc.
For exposure of the students in the clinical ﬁeld and to understand the depth of operative surgery and operative Gynecology or Obstetrics as Well as management in critical illnesses, a college shall have a Memorandum of Understanding with a reputed nearby located super-specialty hospital (of modern medicine) with all required facilities of operation room, Intensive Care Unit and other required facilities for the management of critical patients.
Student and patient ratio
- Upto 60 students : 20 beds, 120 OPD per day
- Upto 61 – 100 students : 25 beds, 200 OPD per day
Minimum teaching staff per college for BHMS
Upto 60 admissions : Two in each subject
Upto 61 – 100 admissions :
- Three each in Organon of Medicine, Materia Medica, Practice of Medicine, Repertory
- Two each in other subjects
Faculties may be either Professor, Associate Professor or Assistant Professor
There shall be 24 full time faculty + 8 Guest faculty : Total 32 (for 60 admissions)
There shall be 28 full time faculty + 12 Guest faculty : Total 40 (for 61 – 100 admissions)
Staff strength required (Permanent) in attached Hospitals
- Medical Superintendent : 1
- Senior Medical Officer : 1
- Medical Officer : 4
- Resident Medical Officer : 2
- Total : 08
So Minimum staff strength required (College + Hospital):
- For 60 admissions: 40
- For 61 – 100 admissions: 48
Additional teaching posts required for Post Graduation (MD Homoeopathy)
- Professor/Asso. Professor/Reader : 1 in each subject
- Assistant Professor / Lecturer : 1 in each subject
Qualification of teaching staff :
- Post-graduation is must in all teaching categories
- Post-graduation in Allopathy is also considered and equivalent in non Homoeopathy subjects like Anatomy, Practice of Medicine, Surgery, OBG, SPM,Physiology,Pathology, FMT etc.
Qualification of Hospital staff
Medical Superintendent: MD Homoeopathy
Senior Medical Officer : BHMS + 5 years’ experience as Medical Officer
Resident Medical Officer : BHMS + 1 year as House Physician (Desirable)
Medical Officer : BHMS+ 1 year as House Physician (Desirable)
Postgraduate students must work as House Physician in Hospitals attached to PG Colleges.
Nurses : Matriculation + Three years’ experience of working in a hospital.
Pharmacist : 10th Standard pass + 2 year experience in a homoeopathy dispensary or hospital
Download the full Gazatte Notification (Word format) : https://files.secureserver.net/0s1HxEf8tdYxF8
Download the full Gazatte Notification (PDF format) : https://files.secureserver.net/0ss4ygO5kJ5FUt