Bachelor in Homoeopathic Medical Sciences in Pakistan
Introduction to degree:
A registered degree program in Homoeopathic Medical Sciences (the 2nd largest method of treatment).
It is a five years degree program with one year house job, after the completion of five years.
COURSE OUTLINE OF B.H.M.S DEGREE PROGRAMME:
Paper 1 Anatomy–I = 100
Paper 2 Physiology–I = 100
Paper 3 Biochemistry–I = 100
Paper 4 Philosophy of Homeopathy-I = 100
Paper 5 Computer = 60
Paper 6 Islamic Studies/Ethical Behavior+ = 100
Paper 7 English = 100
Paper 8. Anatomy–I = 100
Paper 9. Physiology–I = 100
Paper 10 Biochemistry–I = 100
Paper 11 Computer = 40
Total = 1000
Paper 1. Anatomy–II = 100
Paper 2. Physiology–II = 100
Paper 3. Biochemistry–II = 100
Paper 4. Philosophy of Homeopathy-II = 100
Paper 5. Pharmacognosy–I = 100
Paper 6. Materia Medica-I =
Paper 7. Anatomy–II = 100
Paper 8. Physiology–II = 100
Paper 9. Biochemistry–II = 100
Paper 10. Pharmacognosy–I = 100
Total = 1000
Paper 1. Pathology = 100
Paper 2. Microbiology & Parasitology = 100
Paper 3. Bioinformatics = 50
Paper 4. Materia Medica–II = 100
Paper 5. Pharmacognosy–II = 100
Paper 6. Philosophy of Homeopathy –III= 100
Paper 7. Bioinformatics = 50
Paper 8. Microbiology & Parasitology = 100
Paper 9. Materia Medica–II = 100
Paper 10. Pharmacognosy–II = 100
Paper 11. Pathology = 100
Total = 1000
Paper 1 Gynecology & Obstetrics -I = 100
Paper 2 Ophthalmology & E.N.T = 100
Paper 3 Homoeopathic Pharmacy = 100
Paper 4 Materia Medica-III = 100
Paper 5 Clinical Psychology & Psychiatry = 100
Paper 6 Homoeopathic Therapeutics-I = 100
Paper 7 Preventive & Community Medicine = 100
Paper 8 Gynecology & Obstetrics-I = 100
Paper 9 Homoeopathic Pharmacy = 100
Paper 10 Materia Medica-III (Viva-voce) = 100
Paper 11 Clinical Psychology & Psychiatry= 100
Paper 11 Ophthalmology & E.N.T = 100
Paper 12 Clinical Psychology & Psychiatry = 100
Total = 1300
Paper 1 Clinical Methods & Diagnostics = 100
Paper 2 Case Taking & Repertorization = 100
Paper 3 Materia Medica-IV =100
Paper 4 Homoeopathic Therapeutics-II = 100
Paper 5 Forensic Medicine & Toxicology = 100
Paper 6 Pediatrics = 100
Paper 7 Surgery (theory 60+prac. 40) = 100
Paper 8 Clinical Methods & Diagnostics = 100
Paper 9 Gynecology & Obstetrics – II = 100
Paper 9 Case Taking & Repertorization = 100
Paper 10 Materia Medica-IV (Viva-voce) = 100
Paper 11 Gynecology & Obstetrics – II = 100
Total = 1200
TOTAL MARKS OF STUDY COURSE =5500
ACHIEVEMENTS & OPPERTUNITIES FOR B.H.M.S GRADUATES:
- B.H.M.S Degree program is registered from National Council for Homoeopathy.
- B.H.M.S Degree program is recognized by Ministry of Health.
- There is a Mega opportunity for the B.H.M.S graduates as they can appoint as Health Officer in Government sector in BPS – 17. As there are more than 10 B.H.M.S graduates are appointed as Health Officer in BPS 17 at District Level after B.H.M.S degree Program.
- B.H.M.S graduates can appoint as Lecturer in University in BPS 18.
- B.H.M.S graduates can appoint as Research Officer in any Homoeopathic Pharma Industry in BPS 17.
- B.H.M.S graduates can apply in any Medical University in Pakistan as well as in Abroad in M.Phil and PhD programs.
- B.H.M.S graduates can practice as Physician and Consultant Homoeopath any where in Pakistan.
- B.H.M.S Graduates are also eligible to perform Extra Techniques like USG, X-Ray, ECG, MRI, and EEG, etc.
- The academic studies are followed by one year of compulsory internship in hospital attached or affiliated with U.C.C.M.
- At present internship is done in Rafi Qamer Hospital.
- Class Room Aids
- Computer Lab
- Prayer Room
- Girls Common Room
- Students Driven Societies & Discussion Forums
- Sampling Room
- Animal House
- Computer lab. With internet facility
- Biochemistry Lab
- Anatomy Lab.
- Physiology Lab.
- Pathology Lab.
- Pharmacognosy Lab
- Microbiology Lab.
- Homoeopathic pharmacy Lab.
- Research labs for M.Phil & Ph.D
- Department contain a library with internet facility, and lot of books, full of homoeopathic knowledge and research work about homoeopathy.
- Library also has books about other medical subjects both by Foreign and Pakistani writers.
- Library also contains novels about medical research.
(Out door patient department) O.P.D:
An O.P.D has established in department under the control of two qualified homoeopathic doctors; H/Dr. Mehwish Nosheen & H/Dr. Ahmad Tauseef Nauman.
They both are progressively running this O.P.D, and have treated lot of patients of Depression, gout, diabetes, Hepatitis, insomnia etc.
Aims and Objectives
- To produce highly competent, skilled and well trained professionals to provide quality health care services to the community at low cost.
- To promote Research and Development in Homeopathic Medicine.
- To improve the quality of Homeopathy through excellent and updated courses conducted within a creative and learning based environment.
Ongoing Research Projects
- Antioxidant activities of herbs and herbal formulations
- Search for new inhibitors for enzyme of therapeutic importance from plants. e.g. Cholinesterase, Glucosidase, Tyrosinase, NADH Oxidase, NTPDase, Glucosidase, Chymotrypsin.
- Antipyretic, Antidiabetic and Lipid Lowering activities of Medicinal Plants
- Ethnopharmacology of local and Cholistan desert plants.
Extra Curricular Activities in the college
- Qirat, Hamd and Naat Competitions.
- Debate and Bait Baazi Competitions.
- Sports indoor, outdoor (intra-departmental, Intra-faculties and inter-university).
- Monthly seminars
- Weekly seminars
- Study Tours (Plants collection tour in second year and industrial tour in final year).
- Annual functions (welcome and farewell parties).
- Faculty Development Program
- Commencement of M.Phil. and Ph.D. Degree Program.
- Efforts to make Teaching Hospital for indoor and outdoor treatments.
- To organize conference of national and international standards.
- To establish a Quality Control Lab for Homoeopathic Formulations.
- To develop and maintain research of international standards.
- To establish A personality assessment center under the observation of H/Dr. Mehwish Nosheen.
Why we choose Homoeopathic treatment?
Homoeopathy offers highly effective and safe health solutions for a wide range of diseases. Even some of those diseases for which no help is available with other systems of medicine can be effectively treated with homoeopathy. Homoeopathy also has a history of successfully treating a number of cases where surgery was imminent. Most of the people prefer homoeopathy to other modes of treatment because the treatment
- is highly effective for recurring medical problems
- can help avoid surgery in a good number of cases
- has been successfully used since 1796 for a variety of common and uncommon diseases
- is cost-effective
- is tailored to the individual needs of each patient
- Are drawn mostly from natural sources
- Have been widely tested and researched for safety and effectiveness
- Are free from chemical toxins
- Act in harmony with the natural defenses of the body.
The logo of Homoeopathy in Pakistan is: “save the organs instead of removing”.