BRACHIAL PLEXUS: Roots, Trunks, Divisions, Cords, Branches
Randy Travis Drinks Cold Beers.
Robert Taylor Drinks Cold Beer.
CRANIAL NERVES: I-optic, II-olfactory, III-oculomotor, IV-trochlear, V-trigeminal, VI-abducens, VII-facial, VIII-acoustic (vestibulocochlear), IX-glossophrayngeal, X-vagus, XI-spinal accessory, XII-hypoglossal
- On Old Olympus Towering Tops, A Finn And German Viewed Some Hops
- You have I nose. You have II eyes. (I – Olfactory; II — Optic)
Innervation of Extraocularmotor Muscles:
- LR6 (SO4) 3
- LR6–Lateral rectus–> VI abductens
- SO4–Superior Oblique–> IV Trochlear
- 3–The remaining 4 eyeball movers = III
- Some Say Marry Money, But My Brother Says Big Bras Matter More (what cranial nerve is Motor, Sensory, or Both)
BRANCHES OF FACIAL NERVE: Temporal, Zygomatic, Buccal, Masseteric, Cervical
- Ten Zebras Bought My Car
- To Zanzibar By Motor Car
CERVICAL SPINAL NERVES:
- c345 keeps the phrenic alive (innervation of phrenic nerve)
- c345 keep the diaphragm alive (innervation of diaphragm)
- c5-6-7 raise your arms to heaven (nerve roots of long thoracic nerve innervate serratus anterior)
LOCATION OF THORACIC DUCT:
- The duck is between two gooses (duck = thoracic duct)
- 2 gooses = azyGOUS and esophaGOUS
ATTACHMENTS OF CHEST MUSCLES:
- A lady between two majors.
- Pectoralis major attaches to lateral lip of bicipital groove.
- Teres major attaches to medial lip of bicipital groove.
- Latissimus dorsi attaches to the floor of bicipital groove.
- The “lati” is between two “majors.”
INNERVATION OF PENIS:
- Parasympathetic puts it up; sympathetic spurts it out
- “S2, 3, 4 keep the penis off the floor”
- Innervation of the penis by branches of the pudental nerve, derived from spinal cord levels S2-4
“Lateral is less, medial is more.”
Lateral pectoral nerves goes through pectoralis major while medial p.n. goes though both pec major and minor
- Aortic arch gives off the Bracheiocephalic trunk, the left Common Carotid, and the left Subclavian artery
ORDER OF THINGS IN THIGH:
- nerve, artery, vein, empty space, lymphatics
Visit : http://www.valuemd.com/mnemonics.php for more mnemonics